Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 08-10-2001, 08:37 AM   #51
Philbiker
Founding Member

Default Re: No, look:

"So battery fluid, fork oil, engine oil and shock gas weighs 34 pounds? Is that what you're saying? That shouldn't be more than 6 or 7 pounds! What do they use for engine oil, mercury? Liquid sodium? Deuturium?"

You forgot coolant. And Brake fluid for all three systems (two brakes + clutch). And when they talk dry weight they're talking battery not battery fluid.
Philbiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2001, 08:46 AM   #52
Philbiker
Founding Member

Default Re: Daytona 955i Reader Feedback

I wonder how long before the engine blows. The last engine was good for oh about 4000 miles before failure.
Philbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 10:03 AM   #53
clackarelli
Founding Member

Default Re: Weight, Power, Price...

Most serios sportsbikes are around 440 dry, so it's not far off. MY BROTHER AND I BOUGHT ONE AND ITS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER, ITS GOT CHARACTER BIG TIME AND WITH A RACE CAN + V12 FUEL MAP IT MMOOOOOOOOOOVES AND SOUNDS LIKE A BLOODY SPITFIRE...BUY ONE! It doesn't handle like a 916 (nothing does) but from 110-160 mph it's miles faster.

Points to note;

At 500 mile service retighten head bearings. Needs heavier front springs for track days. Unlike jap bikes it wont be superceded next week.
clackarelli is offline   Reply With Quote