Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 04-04-2001, 08:04 AM   #1
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default JUST PERPETUATES THE IMAGE OF LOUSY BRITISH ENGINEERING

how could they release the bike in that unfinished state?
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2001, 08:28 AM   #2
blip
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph Gets Fixed -- Maybe

I didn't think the EFI was all that bad. I've ridden much worse systems: the early FI Buells were horrid, and the new Buells are as bad or worse than the TT.

I guess Triumph's long history holds them to a higher standard...
blip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 08:36 AM   #3
crash13
Founding Member

I own two triumph sprints, an ST and RS both have spot on injection. I have also ridden the TT with 3 different maps all of which are substandard in my opinion. Does anyone know what the separation implications of Sagem and Triumph will be on the other models that work so well?

crash
crash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 08:40 AM   #4
dirtybmxr
Founding Member

The standard to which they are being held to is that of their competition, which Buell is not. The FI on the TT needs to be at least as good as the Honda and Suzuki if they are going to pull any market share from them. A sport bike whose throttle can not be opened mid corner at a reasonable pace is completely useless.
dirtybmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 08:44 AM   #5
a929rrrider
Founding Member

Kinda like a Harley you can only polish a turd so much, but it is still a turd. Go buy a Honda F4i if you want a clean bike with good fuel injection
a929rrrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 08:49 AM   #6
dickdastardly
Founding Member

sod off, ya bloody wanker.....
dickdastardly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 09:11 AM   #7
TitaniumCanoe
Founding Member

Based on my experience, street bike fuel injection is not up to par with carbs yet. I have owned a couple of BMW's and a Honda CBR929 with FI. My most recent carb bike was a Yam R6 which was perfect.
TitaniumCanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 09:12 AM   #8
john
Founding Member

not quite buddy, i give triumph much respect for trying to use FI on a 600 from the get go. FI is much harder to sort out on small displacements, which is why even the japanese have waited so long to do it. I think triumph will find out that just maps won't solve their problems, and that a cylinder head tweaking is in order.

Triumph does, however lose some respect from me for not getting on the ball quickly enough to do EVERYTHING they can to save themselves from the verbal assault they have recieved b/c of the FI problems.

I dont know what Sagem was, or was not doing to help, but every other bike they put it on has seemed to do well.
Old 04-04-2001, 09:34 AM   #9
XS
Founding Member

Default Injection

Help! I own a 955i Daytona and just recently installed the high pipe, took it to the dealership and now the bike detonates badly (3k - 4k rpms) and lost low end power compared to prior new exhaust system. Does this sound normal? I need advice from someone whose 955 engine is running well.
XS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 09:44 AM   #10
ollie
Founding Member

Default Re: Early release?

Let's see... Q1-2001 ended on March 31st. Do you think profits and shareholders might've had anything to do with it? I'm not condemning, just enlightening on the way large companies usually work.
ollie is offline   Reply With Quote