Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 04-05-2001, 02:22 PM   #61
speed3
Founding Member

Default Close minds are ignorant!

Hey, Shaft who did you get to spell ignorant for you? If you can't add any intelligent posts to the board, keep it to yourself.
speed3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2001, 02:26 PM   #62
chainhead
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph Gets Fixed -- Maybe

Man, Ya got me wrong. I LOVE Triumphs, I've owned 5 over the years, both old and new. I had a traditional bonneville cafe racer that I regularly used to give newer sportbikes fits on second and third gear roads (untill the straight spots, of course) The TT has some of the best track manners in the 600 bunch. For the injection, the problen can be fairly laid at the feet of the computer dweebs. Incidently, I'm putting a down payment on a Sprint RS next month. As far a the Airbus/Lucas connection, the FAA won't warn ya, so somebody had to! Ride Careful.
chainhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 03:28 PM   #63
Poser
Founding Member

Default Re: Execution... Social Commentary

British industry is a wierd thing. They cannot seem to mass produce anything well, but they have all kinds of specialty shops whose work is impeccable. They are very capable of high quality, as long as the shop in question is focused on good workmanship. That kind of British shop produces some of the finest work. If the shop has an antagonistic labor/ management culture, the product will be crap.

Many of the cars used in F1 are fabricated in the UK. We can hope that Triumph has managed to foster that kind of shop, not a strike plagued, distructive shop.
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 03:35 PM   #64
Poser
Founding Member

Default Re: Guess He Doesn't Want Them To Improve

I guess Shaft wants the Japanese manufacturers to keep doing what they are doing. Not that they are doing badly, but don't you think that another take on the 600 sportbike might just lead to more improvements?

I wonder what Shaft rides since he also doesn't seem to like Suzukis much.
Old 04-05-2001, 03:46 PM   #65
Poser
Founding Member

Default Re: American Competition?

Yes! An American SPORTbike that was NOT a V-Twin. I would seriously consider buying a Harley or Victory or something if it weighed about 400 pounds and had an interesting (not 45 or 60 degree, pushrod, etc.) motor and a riding position that didn't require doing sit ups.
Old 04-05-2001, 03:52 PM   #66
Poser
Founding Member

Judging from the amount of response these articles have gotten, Triumph has our collective attention. If they really fix the TT600, they have a winner. If not, they sure got a lot of publicity.
Old 04-06-2001, 12:17 AM   #67
Not_Anonymous_Squid
Founding Member

Default Re: Choice

Maybe there is a lot of demand for something a little different.
Not_Anonymous_Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 05:29 AM   #68
draz
Founding Member

I have a 2000 Daytona 955i and the FI is spot on. I was online looking to see who the manufacturer of the FI system was and it was Sagem for the 97 model, so I'm guessing that it is still the same on the 2000.

My question is why could they get it so right on the 955 and so wrong on the 600? I've read a bunch of reviews of the Daytona and they always rave about the fuel delivery, so it's no just me thinking that is it well mapped.

draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 06:01 AM   #69
LimeSqueezr
Founding Member

Default Re: Execution... Social Commentary

>cannot seem to mass produce anything well, but

>they have all kinds of specialty shops whose work

>is impeccable

Ironically that was once-upon-a-time the perfect description of *Japanese* manufacturing --until after WWII the U.S. taught them manufacturing techniques that it's *own* industries have often NOT been able to implement very well since WWII due to exactly the thing you described, "an antagonistic labor/ management culture." With the current Asian economy some signs of it are starting to appear in Japan, so it will be interesting to see how their reputation for quality fares in the next few years. But many old veterans of the Pacific theatre will tell you the Japanese would have killed a lot more GIs if they'd had guns that fired as reliably as ours!
LimeSqueezr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 05:18 PM   #70
triumph900
Founding Member

Default Re: Early release?

nope-john bloor is the sole owner. triumph has never incurred debt.
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote