Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 04-05-2001, 06:59 AM   #51
Not_Anonymous_Squid
Founding Member

Default Re: Pack of monkeys

No, its not normal. Don't try asking advice here, its a zoo.

Try here

http://www.t595.net/t5n/

You can find the correct tune version for your pipe.
Not_Anonymous_Squid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2001, 07:08 AM   #52
Not_Anonymous_Squid
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph Gets Fixed -- Maybe

No. The pilot crashed the plane by trying to perform low level acrobatics in an airliner. He throttled back at low attitude (like 50ft) without realizing that the engines would take 7 seconds to spin back up to speed.
Old 04-05-2001, 07:10 AM   #53
Not_Anonymous_Squid
Founding Member

New mapping can be uploaded, they are done automatically when the bike is service.
Old 04-05-2001, 08:26 AM   #54
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: If You Think Triumph Has Problems...

Have you been reading, the article or the posts? Its fuel-injected, does not have CARBs.

CARB, is some California air quality board thing, that is making extreme requirements for vehicle emissions. (I suspect for all vehicles, but all I ever hear about it for motorcycles.)
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 09:08 AM   #55
rplyler
Founding Member

Default Re: JUST PERPETUATES THE IMAGE OF LOUSY BRITISH ENGINEERING

Did you hear that Lucas was coming out with a vacuum cleaner?

It's the only thing they make that doesn't suck.
rplyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 09:41 AM   #56
chucker6
Registered Member

Default Re: If Ford has a electronic problem, do you blame the Japan

Triumph's fuel injection (Sagem) has been one of the best in motorcycles. I hope they can find a replacement which is just as good.
chucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 10:02 AM   #57
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Now THERE'S an intelligent, well though-out and open minded statement... Well ok, maybe not.
Old 04-05-2001, 10:51 AM   #58
Haru
Founding Member

I commend Triumph for trying to put FI on their first 600. My ZX-12R is the first FI bike I've owned, and am delighted with not having to deal with carburettors. The hassle of keeping 4 carbs clean, in tune and in sync is something that I hate more than most motorcycle related things. The biggest attraction to me is the freedom from maintenance. If the EPA is happy too, great!

I am not concerned with throttle response problems because I haven't had the luxury of trying out every bike around to see what perfect carburettion feels like. Prior to my 12, I used to own a '98 Ducati 900ss which was so badly carburetted that the bike wouldn't even run cleanly under 3k rpm. There were aftermarket fixes, the best being new carbs for $1k, but I never bothered. Compared to that bike, the 12's throttle seems SUPER slick.

I think the only people who don't like FI are the one's blessed with perfectly carburetted machines.
Haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 12:53 PM   #59
thomasaanderson
Founding Member

Speaking as a TT owner, I have to agree that Triumph obviously released this bike before it was ready. But they're a small company, and unlike all the Japanese makes they don't have some other business like cars, boat motors, or ships to subsidize their motorcycle development so I suspect that it was the bean counters at Triumph who insisted that they start selling some bikes NOW.

That said, I would also point out that the EFI performance on my TT is no worse than the EFI on the BMW K-bike I used to own. Can you say harsh on-off throttle response? And unlike the BMW, the Triumph's system can be reprogrammed in a matter of minutes and the reprogramming is free at Triumph dealers in the USA. Installed an aftermarket pipe? Rather than spend hundreds of additional dollars on rejetting and fine tuning I just go down to the Triumph dealer and have another map downloaded.

I hope that whatever company Triumph switches too they maintain this same level of serviceability.
thomasaanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 01:27 PM   #60
das
Founding Member

Where's a moderator when you need one?
das is offline   Reply With Quote