Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Triumph News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/triumph-news/)
-   -   Triumph Gets Fixed -- Maybe (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/triumph-news/474-triumph-gets-fixed-maybe.html)

hank9615 04-05-2001 03:30 AM

Re: Triumph Gets Fixed -- Maybe

your giving away your age.these kids have no idea what a ziener diode is!!! I laughed outloud.

speed3 04-05-2001 03:42 AM

Re: 955 Daytona has sagem FI!

I have a 955i Speed Triple that is damn near perfect. It is easily as good as any of my previous bikes that used carbs. I have experienced no problems with low speed throttle response.

speed3 04-05-2001 03:48 AM

I am right there with you Grapelli. I have owned Honda's,Kawi's, and back to back Ducati's. I am currently ripping up the asphalt with my 955i speed triple. FI is near perfect and I love the triple for the exact reasons you list. I think it is a great alternative to a me too four.

navion_pa1 04-05-2001 03:53 AM

Isn't it AIRBUS that wouldn't allow the pilot to over ride the computer, thereby crashing the plane.

Love the diode, only way I could figure out if it was bad, was take the bike for a ride at night on a dark road.

hamatsu 04-05-2001 03:57 AM

That will be a comfort the next time I fly anywhere in Europe. I have a couple of old radios at home that still use diodes. One even has the new fangled "frequency modulation" channel on it. I think Triumph was out of their league trying to compete in the 600 class period !! Kind of like Buell trying to compete in the sportbike class with a Harley engine. I have a fuel injected Suzuki and can't tell the difference between it and a carbureted older Suzuki I also have. I also have a dog and cat at home that are both fixed. What's the problem here ? Triumph should stick with three cylinder sport-tourers and get on with it.

Lincoln 04-05-2001 04:26 AM

If Ford has a electronic problem, do you blame the Japanese?

i understand that sagem is french - but Triumph must take full responsibility for its product - no matter who its suppliers are

ttcaml 04-05-2001 05:25 AM

Do you think the new supplier will offer kits to up-grade bikes sold with the Sagem system? Would a whole new computer be needed or can different FI maps make the low-rpm response as good as the Japanese FI bikes? If they did sell up-grade kits, would they cost less than a Power Commander?

Just for the record; when you look at the big picture FI, even if it is not perfect, is better than carbs.

NickdaBrick 04-05-2001 05:31 AM

Now that they've admitted the problem and announced the solution, will they fix all the 600's they've already sold? It would seem like the thing to do; keep current owners happy, attract new customers, spread good will, etcetera.

Not_Anonymous_Squid 04-05-2001 06:52 AM

Re: Who?

Ford? Do they make cars?

If you read the article, it specifically says Sagem screwed Triumph on purpose. I agreed Triumph are responsible but the comments were made about British electronics when its French.

esquivelvi 04-05-2001 06:52 AM

I am stupid, don't read my stuff

I am stupid, don't read my stuff