Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 04-04-2001, 08:44 AM   #11
biker_911
Registered Member

Default Re: Triumph Gets Fixed -- Maybe

I've got a 2000 Triumph Sprint ST, and the injection is perfect. Starts exactly the same way whether hot or cold, and has never given me a problem. In addition I get between 49 and 53 mpg all the time. It's a shame that Triumph couldn't have done as well on the TT600.
biker_911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2001, 09:00 AM   #12
DrEvil
Founding Member

Default Re: JUST PERPETUATES THE IMAGE OF LOUSY BRITISH ENGINEERING

The British have been having electrical problems since the early 1900's. Its a good thing there country is small so they dont have far to walk when there products fail. p.s Lucas electronics, know as "the prince of darkness!!!"
DrEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 09:16 AM   #13
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default you are right Brent

MAN, you are right Brent, Buell Says the FI was supposed to be correct with last years model X1, but I rode a friends bike and It had pull EXCEPT in the Midrange.... What's the deal with that? As much displacement as it has and as long as the stroke is, where is the midrange torque????
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 09:16 AM   #14
HankMurphy
Founding Member

Default If You Think Triumph Has Problems...

...just wait until the EPA or CARB mandate EFI for *all* motorcycles!

Along with some other posters, I have an 885cc Triumph (Tiger) and the EFI is fine. Other than that problem of keeping the front wheel on the pavement...

But the handwriting is on the wall. At the moment, 2-strokes are falling to smog restrictions, even off-road. Carburetors will be the next victim. At that point, the TT600 is going to look good, even in its current state. (Many TT600 riders are wondering what the fuss is about, anyway.)

However, this sounds like a problem with a French software company's responsiveness, not a basic flaw in the TT600. But I guess some people will always denigrate Triumphs...until they ride them.
HankMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 09:40 AM   #15
Patrick-of-the-Hills
Founding Member

Default Re: JUST PERPETUATES THE IMAGE OF LOUSY BRITISH ENGINEERING

Q: Why do the English drink warm beer?

A: Because they have Lucas refrigerators!
Patrick-of-the-Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 09:52 AM   #16
MoMo
Founding Member

Default sell it

MoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 09:57 AM   #17
richardr6
Founding Member

Default Re: If You Think Triumph Has Problems...

Sounds like Triumph needs to change CARB supply companies. As much as we pay for these bikes off the showroom floor, and how poor that all hold in retail prices. They all need to have flawless Carbs
richardr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 10:13 AM   #18
Hager
Founding Member

Actually, I did buy an F4I, but thanks for the advice.

For those who are making fun of Lucas electronics, here's some more fun for you. Sagem is partly run, organized, or owned by Lucas electronics. I'm not sure which, but they're part of it.

As far as the TT600, it's a great bike, just read the handling quotes. Having owned a 97 T595 Daytona, they'll have it fixed sooner or later. I bought the F4I because I didn't want to wait a year again before I could enjoy the bike.

I read in a review for the NEW 955i Daytona they were using Keihin Fuel Injection. It makes sense they'll be the new FI suppliers for Triumph
Hager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 10:15 AM   #19
Shaft
Founding Member

You're just flat out ignorant. The jap bikes are the best, end of subject.
Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 10:21 AM   #20
Millencolin
Founding Member

I don't see how anyone would want a triumph anyway (other than patriotism for the english 'chaps'). It doesn't seem to do anything better than the jap bikes. If you want a comfortable and very streetable 600 get the kawi, if you want a racebike, get the R6 or GSXR, if you want a compromise, get the F4. Even with perfect FI would the triumph honestly be as good as the japanese bikes? Personally I doubt it.

Don't get me wrong, i don't think the TT is <b>too</b> far behind, but it's not quite on the same level as the Japanese bikes is it? Hopefully in a few years (maybe as soon as next year?) they can really get it together. I would love to see some top-level equipment from somewhere besides Japan or Italy. It would be awesome if some american company started producing competitive sportbikes.
Millencolin is offline   Reply With Quote