Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 03-23-2001, 04:52 AM   #81
baker
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph TT600 Reader Feedback

yeah, yeah, yeah,

The article is about a Triumph tt600, but Triumph in general, so he can talk about what ever he likes.

And I reckon he is not being prejudice, just giving his honest opinion. You are obviously totally Triumph biased - but everybody that wasn't silly enough to buy one knows they are all junk. And contrary to what people think the new tt600 sells extremely poorly in the UK. Things like R6's, GSXR6's, CBR6's sell far far more which goes to show you how much of a stinking heap the TT600 is if even the patriotic brits can't bring themselves to buy them!

baker is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2001, 05:03 AM   #82
thatguyjohn
Founding Member

Hit the brakes!!! Daytona the only good Triumph?? What about the Speed Triple? And don't try to tell me it's basically the same bike, 'cause it's definitley not. And I have friends who love their Sprint RS's to death, not to mention touring bikes like the Trophy, and the Sprint ST even beat out the VFR800 in some comparisons.
thatguyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2001, 05:54 AM   #83
Not_Anonymous_Squid
Founding Member

Brits are not patriotic. They hate themselves and British products. Try and find a British car on UK roads.. not going to happen.
Not_Anonymous_Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2001, 06:03 AM   #84
Not_Anonymous_Squid
Founding Member

Default Re: the 955i looks OK

No they didn't.
Not_Anonymous_Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2001, 06:38 AM   #85
lexs
Founding Member

Default Re: Yes and no...

Squeezr,

It neither important or relevant to this conversation but I disagree with your comparing the new Triumph to HD. Even though HD was owned by someone else they still produced the same, antiquated bikes as the "real" Harley. The new Triumphs are modern, pretty well made and have no engineering link (thank God) to Meridian or Coventry Triumphs.

I will say that at least they are really Triumphs, not Yamaha, Suzuki or Honda (or even Harley copy) engined fakes like a lot "revivals" of the grand old names.

One, more relevant, comment. I think Triumph would have been much smarter to build a 700-3 (I think that is the max on for "600" world Supersport) instead of the 600-4. They could have joined the class and still had a bike that was unique and had the Triumph "signature" engine. Besides, a three cylinder turning eleven or twelve thousand RPM would make a wonderful sound. Looking in from the outside it looks their success gave them big heads, that is the only reason I can think of to make their entry into this class as difficult as possible. Underestimating the Japanese kill the British motorcycle industry, I'd hate to see the same mistake happen again.
lexs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2001, 07:35 AM   #86
thomasaanderson
Founding Member

I bought a TT600 last fall after finding that there is more to choosing a bike than magazine reviews. I started out considering a ZX-6R or Bandit 1200, but the local Kawasaki and Suzuki dealerships have poor reputations and when I went in to look at bikes the customer service was terrible.

Then I went to the Triumph dealer on a whim and found that I liked the appearance of the TT600 in person much better than I did in pictures. The local Triumph dealer has a great reputation with everyone I know who has dealt with them, and they offered me a test ride (something the Japanese bike dealers were unwilling to do). I rode the bike and loved it. The chassis performance was simply amazing, and I found that the low-end EFI response, while not perfect, was not nearly as bad as I had been led to believe. Certainly it was no worse than many older fuel injected BMWs that I have ridden.

Finally, I was able to get a great price on the TT600. It ultimately cost a lot less than either of the other bikes I was considering (thank you bad press!), it has a better warranty, and I am dealing with a dealership that actually earned - and continues to earn - my business. I couldn't be happier.

thomasaanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2001, 08:06 AM   #87
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Default Re: the 955i looks OK

Yes they did.
Old 03-23-2001, 09:05 AM   #88
dirtybmxr
Founding Member

Default Re: well that might be going a little far

It's steel, but hardly junk. That bike that you say does not have a "real chassis" won a truckload of races and championships. It was even lighter than the aluminium framed competition for years. I mean it's not cutting edge anymore, but be realistic.

I was talking styling anyway, which you must admit, the TT looks like they took an F3 and mutated it a bit with an alloy frame and air intakes that look suspiciously like the F4 with scuba-snorkel restyling. Give me an F3 and $3k over a TT any day! Or even better, just give me a new GSX-R6.
dirtybmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2001, 10:16 AM   #89
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default yeah right

you just like saying "fitty" don't you. or you have something against zeros? Ok how bout a 691? That has less zeros.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2001, 10:21 AM   #90
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default steel is real

but not shaped like the F3's chassis. It was a stupid bike, it won because honda knows how to throw money and win stuff. I'd rather ride a CB350 than an F3. But the TT600 is in need of styling, definitely... all the stuff that looks like an F3 has absolutely got to go.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote