Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 03-22-2001, 07:11 AM   #51
john
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph TT600 Reader Feedback

yeah you might want to be more specific as to which bandit you are talking about. i just traded an sv650 for a bandit 1200, and they are different to say the least. The bandit will pull up the front with ease, and that is below the 5500rpm break in limit. bandit also has a much firmer suspension, and the bike feels much more planted in corners than the sv ever did, although this may be a result of the metzler mez3's on the sv and the michelin macadam 90x on the bandit.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2001, 07:24 AM   #52
tbuse
Founding Member

Since when have inconvenient things like "facts" ever gotten in the way of prejudice?
tbuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 07:30 AM   #53
tbuse
Founding Member

Different strokes. I find the japanese sport bikes dog ugly & uncomfortable. Triumph makes some good looking bikes. I already have a Trophy (beautiful bike) and am trying to figure out how to add a Sprint RS to the garage. One thing I admired about Triumph is they at least design their own bikes & don't try to rip off the designs of other manufacturers.
tbuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 07:32 AM   #54
Calamari
Founding Member

curious is this a calafornia emmisions bike or a 49

stater?

I like the graphics and hope the anti-disco trend

continues.
Calamari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 07:59 AM   #55
vt1100c
Founding Member

Their first 4 cylinder? I thought the Daytona 1200 and Trophy 1200 was their first 4 cylinder. But yeah, I would have to agree that the Jap bikes will kick it's ass and I will be getting a Sprint soon.
vt1100c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 08:00 AM   #56
mwyoung
Founding Member

Wow, I can't believe folks are kvetching about the looks of this bike. From the photos here and the models I've seen on the road and in the show-room, this is the best looking 600 around.

Sure the lines are reminiscent of other bikes, but the high-gloss, no-frills paint in super bright colors looks far classiers, sportier, and more interesting than the "slap the stickers on it" trend in the sport bike world.

Too bad about the throttle response though.
mwyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 08:04 AM   #57
fwalters
Founding Member

Triumph builds a beautiful bike! I can see by the other comments about Triumphs and the big 4 graphics that I am not the only one sick of the cheesy looking jap bikes. I bought a 2000 Honda VFR 6 months ago and the first thing I did was remove the hideous "stickers" that Honda had put all over the machine.

Kudos to Triumph for having the balls to get in the 600 sportbike business, and building such a great machine. It will may take Triumph a few more years to get the mechanicals just right on their machines, but their technology still can not be considered bad by any standards. How many of us can actually ride a 600 jap bike to 9/10ths of it limits anyway? There is alot to be said for a practical good looking machine.
fwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 08:14 AM   #58
Shaft
Founding Member

Check out the latest Motorcyclist magazine. There is a write up on the 2001 TT600. The company tried to fix the fuel injection and it resulted in a SOMEWHAT smoother bike with LESS horsepower. OOPS!!! Why would anyone, other than a total poser, buy this thing? "Look at me on my European exotic", with their noses in the air. And look at everyone else on a 600 kickin your weak ass!! Honda and yes, believe it or not, Suzuki, has released good 600cc bikes with great fuel injection. Give Triumph a couple more years to disassemble an f4i and figure it out. They'll be right behind Kawasaki and Yamaha's fuel injected 6's when they do and it will be "try and catch up" time until they serve ice tea in hell. It will be a long while, if ever, when this bike can "run" with the big 4.
Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 09:25 AM   #59
sculptor666
Founding Member

yeah, but i can adjust carbs.. without having to make an appt. hopefully thought it won't be too long before all the fi maps are downloadable by buyers and bikes start coming with usb ports.
sculptor666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 09:27 AM   #60
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default actually, the first

Triumph four cylinder was an air cooled pushrod four based on the original Trident, but it never got mass produced
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote