Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 03-22-2001, 02:52 AM   #21
dirtybmxr
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph TT600 Reader Feedback

Is it an OK bike? Sure.

Would I shell out my own money for one? No way.

I would rather have a used F4 or a GSX-R that's a couple years old than this thing. Like one person above said,"it out-Honda's Honda". So it has the bland styling of the F3, but it's missing everything that makes Hondas great: quality and polish.

If Triumph doesn't make some serious changes to this bike next year, I don't see why the US press should keep giving the excuse that it's a "great first effort". At least in the foreign press they tell it like it is . . . the TT is completely outclassed in every way. What really surprises me is that the same company that had the nerve to bring us the Speed Triple (in its current bug-eyed incarnation), brought us this soft F3 knock-off.
dirtybmxr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2001, 02:54 AM   #22
BradGross
Founding Member

Maybe MO can help me...

So I paid my small paltry 12 bucks to register and yet I STILL SEE THE DONATE AD in the middle of this article. Please tell me that this is just a screw up. Appease this small user...

Too bad on the TT600. There is just something about an underdog teaching the big boys some tricks. In the case of the TT, this bike seems destined for sport-touring instead of racing which is just fine with me except about the mixed reviews about the injection. It may look ugly but I found it quite comfy.

It needs a facelift and a new map. Hopefully something that DOESN'T look japanese. Make it stand out from the crowd Triumph! And I mean that in an Elizabeth Hurley standpoint, not Benny Hill...

Brad
BradGross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 03:50 AM   #23
hdpetey
Founding Member

Looks like an F4, maybe. I do like the fact that it does not have a lot of graphics. I assume you can easliy remove the TT logos to clean-up the bike's look. I wish the Japanese manufacturers would offer their 600s in all solid colors. How about just a red F4 or just an all blue R6? The goofy teenieboper graphics need to go!
hdpetey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 03:57 AM   #24
DUCRCR
Founding Member

I've got a 2000 TT. Aside from reading negative reviews on it I've been absolutely pleased. It is my personal opinion that most of the street riders out there who own 600's aren't going to miss the tiny glitches in the pickup that 'plague' this bike. I've gotten used to them and unless I was to race it, they are of little significance to me. I for one love the styling, looks more like a GP bike than a 600, which keep getting bigger looking every year. In addition, the craftsmanship (welds etc.) and attention to detail (such as stock braided brake lines) is far superior to the Kawasaki and the Suzuki that I own.

As triumph isn't planning on having a factory race team it is difficult for them to apply the financial resources to this bike that the big 4 can...and in that light I see this bike as a huge success. The 2001 tt does feel much better, but I was not too impressed with the solid blue colour, the yellow is spot on though. Of course they sent the blue one to all of the test riders though..

Overall, I certanly think the tt is worth the money, and they have even lowered the price for disbeleivers. Bloody nice handeling, exceptional acceleration above 6k (and who in their right mind rides a 600 below that - it's not a 900), and very distinctive styling. Finally, and very importantly, all the ladies like it-that's got to say something! - no cheeky comments on that one...

Cheers, and to each his own.

Anton
DUCRCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 04:00 AM   #25
DUCRCR
Founding Member

Here here!

Those graphics look like they are left overs from the 80's! The big 4 really need to catch on to the styling of the ducatis and triumphs!
Old 03-22-2001, 04:02 AM   #26
DUCRCR
Founding Member

To answer your question, there is one guy left over in the pinstriping division..and though it is a different company, the name is the same and to us brits that is a lot. It's kind of like harley in the days of AMF, they produced bikes then, but people still like them cause they are harleys..and if they went under and came back there is no doubt in my mind that they would be as huge as they were before. Yeah?
Old 03-22-2001, 04:04 AM   #27
DUCRCR
Founding Member

Yeah, good idea, don't buy it. you sound like a chump.
Old 03-22-2001, 04:13 AM   #28
Bikeaddict
Founding Member

I saw the new 595 at the London Bike show in person last month, if they give the tt600 a similiar treatment I think it would be a VAST improvement. The new 595 replacement is really very nice looking although the airscoop intakes were preproduction glued on. Different work ethic, those Brits...but then oh look at Buells....
Bikeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 04:17 AM   #29
Bikeaddict
Founding Member

Uh that's 955i replacement..too much sleeping at my workstation.
Old 03-22-2001, 04:19 AM   #30
Bikeaddict
Founding Member

Too each his own.