Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 04-05-2001, 10:09 AM   #141
jonnyspeed
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph TT600 Reader Feedback

Ummmm Can anybody say 2001 Kawi ZX-6R ?

Mine is solid blue and I love it! I also had a 95 Kawi ZX6E that was solid Red. Kawi has made several "plain" no graphics bikes....Understated looks, lots of power, great handling, gotta love it!!
jonnyspeed is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2001, 07:20 AM   #142
spikedlemon
Founding Member

Default Feel?

Nothing on the feel of the bike?

I loved the seat, I don't like the stepped seat they're putting on the 600s now. Sadly the only ones that don't have it are the YZF600 and the TT600.

Of all the 600s this one and the F4i are the only ones I fit comfortably on - I'm 6'3" and not all bikes are created for me.

Biggest complaint about the TT? The damned winshield covers the idiot lights - a double bubble would be a perfect fix.
spikedlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 05:41 AM   #143
kingkamoto
Founding Member

I own a 2000 TT600. All I can say is, find someone that has one and ride it for a couple of hours and forget what you have read about it. I absolutley love my bike and I have ridden Honda's, Kawi's, Suzuki's and Yamaha's. This thing handles awesome, it has plenty of power and it will make you grin from ear to ear. The Dyno chart that is shown on this web site is not accurate from what I have seen. The TT that I saw on a dyno was a 2000 that produced 98bhp. All dyno's are different though. Also, everyone thinks the TT is more expensive. I looked around and bought mine for $6195 out the door. Beat that with one of the four Japanese 600's! I looked at all five bikes in model year 2000, and the Triumph became my favorite in no time. The Fuel injection "glitch" is small to begin with, and all but dissapears when the bike is broken in properly. Keep in mind, I do not race. For street use I would confidently put my bike up against any stock 600...besides, with street use these bikes are all so close it depends on the rider, no the bike. You know what else? I own one of the two TT600's that reside in my city. The other belongs to my dealer. Not one person who ownes a Jap bike or oil leaking Harley can say that.

In all seriousness, ride one if you have the chance. I was not a Triumph fan until I took a chance and bought one. This bike alone has persuaded me that Triumph builds good machines. For the record, my previous bikes have all been Japanese.

Ohh yeah, the designer of this site needs to wake up! I have found many mistakes here. Learn how to spell New York and the Your Name: title does not carry over to the new HTML page after writing this comment and looking at the preview or hitting Ok! It simply fills in as Anonymous squid.
kingkamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 06:13 AM   #144
kingkamoto
Founding Member

Check out the Video "Six-Pack" with the 2000 model year bikes. It compares the (5) 600 supersports and the Triumph does damn good. None of the Jap's can touch it on the track. I will eat any 2000 Jap bike for breakfast with mine, And still be riding it at dinner time comfortably. Find a TT600 and ride it people, before you judge it. I hate it when people talk smack because they read magazines. You should be mowing lawns instead, saving money to buy a TT so you can keep up!
kingkamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 12:56 AM   #145
enkzer
Founding Member

Default I ALMOST CRIED!

today I about sh-- myself, i have been riding in the 5k to 6k revs for a little bit, cause of break in. and i just wanted to see how fast i could accelerate on this........................ damn... I rolled up on a red light,two kids on a honda shadow pulled up, i wanted to show what it could do (i had no idea) it went green, and...... hell, it went so fast I looked down and i was going 70 in a 40 the cars that were behind me were not even visible same with the kids too. I laughed all the way home.

2001 TT 600 no problems what so ever.
enkzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2001, 10:31 PM   #146
enkzer
Founding Member

im 17, got a 600tt 2001, my first bike, cant seem to do wheelies cause lack of torque.. but the brakes kick ass.. nice stoppies.. and i think it kicks ass, it does have some problems.. but its unique.. I never seen one, but mine... and that is dope... we have like 300 kawi, 100 suzukis,too many hondas etc of the same color and same custom shhhh... 600tt and ducatis are rare here.. its like, would you rather have a model T ford that goes 25mph or a viper its your persona.. no way in hell can i afford a ducati.. 600tt was it.. either way.. girls think its the shhhh they cant tell the diff anyway.
Old 07-29-2001, 10:47 PM   #147
enkzer
Founding Member

Oh hell yah. But you have to admit.. ducatis are dope... but i love my 600TT woot! F... you lamers who hate on.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:18 AM   #148
shaggz
Registered Member

Default 600 Tt

i ride a 600 TT, 2001 and it will out run a honda F4 i if you corrct Fuel injection problem which i have solved, it kicks ass.
shaggz is offline   Reply With Quote