Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 03-28-2001, 10:39 AM   #131
Azrifel
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph TT600 Reader Feedback

My god, the torque (whole range) of this thing is far below average. Fortunately the rest of the bike isn't worth a dime either.

And expensive too.

Azrifel is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2001, 10:43 AM   #132
Azrifel
Founding Member

It looks like a Jap 6 years back, so what are you trying to say?

The TT600 looks dated and ripped.
Azrifel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 11:36 AM   #133
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Sad perhaps but not silly at all...

Good points LimeSqueezr. I probably was a bit over critical. I just hate to think people buy things for such bizarre reasons. But I guess each to his own. The original post made it sound like he wanted an F4 or other bike, but the Honda dealers sucked, so he bought the TT600.

And to clarify, I'm not one of those that buys based on the numbers and the reviews. If I were, I would be trading in my 2000 F4 on an F4i, or a GSXR600.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 10:43 PM   #134
baker
Founding Member

Thankyou. You have just proved that everything I said is correct.
baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 10:54 PM   #135
baker
Founding Member

Default Re: Bike Snobs are silly!

I'm not sure what you're asking me. Everything in my post is crystal clear? Be more specific please.

If its about the 20 miles thing - I mean, are you trying to say that you're a real super biker that rides more than 20 miles or say I ride less than this at a time????? 20 miles is nothing - only a 20min spin. I regularly ride more than 130 miles per day on my so called *uncomfortable* jap sports bike without a bother. Only unfit, out of shape people might find it tough but then again the only bike these people ride are stinking Hogs, Goldwings or TrophyÂ’s...

baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 12:18 AM   #136
paulv
Founding Member

Expensive? Really?

It's actually about a grand or so cheaper than the rest of the 600s over here (12ish vs 13ish give or take).
paulv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 05:20 PM   #137
rls4691
Founding Member

Most bikes in the US are less than the others. Almost every review (except possibly this one) praises the whole bike except the engine.

Keep your posts in the real world....Thanks.
rls4691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 07:17 AM   #138
thomasaanderson
Founding Member

Default Re: Sad perhaps but not silly at all...

Not an F4... I originally was considering a ZX-6R, but the dealer turned me off before I could really take it seriously. One of the major deciding factors was that I was able to test ride the TT600, but not the Kawi. I don't know a better way to judge a bike than to ride it. And, as I mentioned, the TT was a lot cheaper.
thomasaanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 07:24 AM   #139
thomasaanderson
Founding Member

Yeah, the torque numbers are low but it's still not what I would call a slow bike. I've ridden an F650GS which on paper has more torque than the TT, but there's no question that the TT would win any speed contest against the Beemer on pavement.

As for the rest of the bike... re-read the article, or better yet ride one yourself. The handling and brakes are outstanding. I agree that the MSRP is too high though... I wouldn't have bought mine for anywhere near $8300.
thomasaanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 02:14 PM   #140
Pizzabox
Founding Member

I own a R6 and have been test-riding the TT600

last week. It was a Y2K model which they now sell at discount prices.

Anyway, this would be a great bike if the engine/EFI would work the way it should.

The chassis is rock-solid, suspension, brakes are great and on par with the japanese 600cc bikes and the sound of the stock pipe is cool.

It's a shame that even the 2001 model is still lacking in the engine/EFI departement. In my opinion Triumph, if they would be serious and if it's true that they split with sagem, should finally find a solution that works and fix this matter for free to all their TT600 customers, even if they have to change the whole EFI-system.

What I don't get is: What the heck where they doing in R&D before the bike was released. Did they ride it side by side to the jap bikes.

Again, I would buy this bike no problem if the engine/EFI would work because beside this, it's fun

to ride and everything else is top-notch.

Pizzabox is offline   Reply With Quote