Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 03-27-2001, 09:08 AM   #121
tbuse
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph TT600 Reader Feedback

I only own one Triumph, my first. I've enjoyed it immensely. I've owned a number of other bikes though, and read about & talk to the owners of even more bikes. You're the one who seems to have the prejudice.
tbuse is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2001, 09:16 AM   #122
tbuse
Founding Member

Now you apparently have some sort of self loathing thing going on, but that's not my business. I happen to like Triumphs, deal with it. I find most Japanese bikes, derivitive or dog ugly, though there are some exceptions. Then again, I've always thought Jackson Pollock painted as if he were on heavy medication, yet others think he's so great they did a movie about him that won some Oscars. Different strokes.
Old 03-27-2001, 09:22 AM   #123
tbuse
Founding Member

Default Re: Bike Snobs are silly!

Whoa Sparky! Don't put words in my mouth or try to use me to justify your prejudices. I made the simple statement that I don't like the styling of most Japanese bike, nor do I think they are very comfortable. I ride more than 20 miles at a time, so that's important. That's my opinion.
Old 03-27-2001, 09:25 AM   #124
tbuse
Founding Member

Default Re: Graphics

I saw a bright yellow VFR that was quite stunning. But then I've always liked bright colors without alot of doodads messing up a bikes lines.
Old 03-27-2001, 09:35 AM   #125
tbuse
Founding Member

I too am an RS fan. I think it looks better than the ST (though that's a nice bike too), it's lighter, it fits me better than a Daytona or TT600, and it still comes in Racing Yellow.
Old 03-27-2001, 11:18 AM   #126
LimeSqueezr
Founding Member

Default Sad perhaps but not silly at all...

to some people and I certainly feel no need to take their inventory by calling them silly.

YES if having the THE bike that wins the most reviews and posts the best numbers and clearly has the most bleeding-edge performance this week is ALL that matters to you, then by all means get one of those whatever it is even if you have to buy it from a dealer with a horrible reputation or go hundreds of miles out of your way. But if you happen to LIKE something else just as much AND you like the dealer much better too, I can't see anything wrong with making the dealership and their reputation a part of the buying decision.

FWIW I follow your formula of deciding what I want and buying from the dealer with the lowest price, I don't care if he just got paroled. To me "reputable dealer" is virtually an oxymoron so it doesn't matter much anyway. You can get acceptable service from most any of them if you make it clear you're going to be a PITA with anything less. But if somebody else takes a different view to buying a bike that's okay.

LimeSqueezr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 09:58 PM   #127
baker
Founding Member

don't put words in your mouth????? Read you last email! Thats what annoys me about these emails - you are calling me prejudice whereas I explained why I have my opinions and gave specific examples but you just make stupid bland stements with nothing to back them up -you are the prejudice one *sparky*. & You ride more than 20 miles at a time - are you taking the piss or trying to make a serious statement - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 06:27 AM   #128
baker
Founding Member

ok,

I'm getting fed up with your replies. Did you not read any of answers? Or are you just too stupid to comprehend them (yes!). You're prejudice....You're prejudice......You're prejudice - is that all you can say Einstein?????? Tell me why you think that, prove me wrong, give me examples and I'll accept it or tell you why I think you are wrong. Otherwise my opinion of your mental capability will remain the same. Please grow up or go away.
baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 09:28 AM   #129
tbuse
Founding Member

You're going to take your ball and go home? lol
Old 03-28-2001, 09:30 AM   #130
tbuse
Founding Member

Excuse me, but would you try redoing the last part & this try really hard to make it make sense.