Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 03-23-2001, 11:38 AM   #91
sportrdr
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph TT600 Reader Feedback

I've owned several Hinckley Triumph's and I agree with you about Triumph ripping on other makers looks (and badly I might add). Every bike since the T595/Speed Triple has either looked incredibly bland (Sprint ST, Sprint RS) or looked like bad copies of Japanese sportbikes (TT600 and the New Daytona). Triumph, hire some new stylists!
sportrdr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2001, 11:44 AM   #92
sportrdr
Founding Member

You don't know what you're talking about. The SV650 spanks all the 600s up to 6K RPM (probalby spanks the TT up to 8-9K RPM), look at the dyno charts. The SV650, at $5700 is a MUCH better deal than the TT600 at $7700 and the fit and finish on the TT is crap. When Suzuki has better F&F than you, you know you (Triumph) have problems.....
sportrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 02:41 AM   #93
cbrsix
Founding Member

Agreed, but what about shoehorning a compact 750cc triple into the same frame? Arrange the gearbox like the R1/R6 if the length of the engine/gearbox unit plus balancer shaft is a problem.

I love 600 sportsbikes for the mix of light weight, sharp handling, real world comfort and practicality but dislike the gutless midrange and general lack of character. A bike of the same size but with a more evocative motor would be spot on (and I don't mean a budget bike like an SV650S).

Getting back to the TT600, I've ridden three 2000 models and loved the handling, riding position, suspension and brakes - significantly better in these areas than my F4. However the injection glitch, build quality/finish, power deficit and reliability worries would stop me from buying one. It's a close thing though.

OK Triumph, make a triple as outlined above - a smaller, faster and more focussed version of the RS - and I'll be the first to sign up for one.
cbrsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 09:48 AM   #94
Kiwi
Founding Member

Default Re: I don't mind zeros

My race-bike is 100cc
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 02:18 PM   #95
fitzspike
Founding Member

I agree. The TT600 also gives people who desire a sportbike something different....if I had more faith in the longevity of the motor...I recall hearing something about blown motors???
Old 03-24-2001, 03:21 PM   #96
Shaft
Founding Member

Hey! Quit saying "Jap bikes" .... the correct term is "Oriental" (LOL!)
Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 04:10 PM   #97
gixxergrande
Founding Member

You're on to something with that "sport tourer" comment. This thing looks like it would make a great sporty tourer...stuff a 955i motor into it but don't let it become so overweight as their two Sprint models. If Triumph builds it, and can manage to give MO a test unit that lives, sign me up...the wife doesn't care much for the pillion perch of the new gixxer.
gixxergrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 04:25 PM   #98
rls4691
Founding Member

Default Horsepower is honest......honest

Doubt it all you like, but it is honest (93.6hp not the 95.6hp thay I typo'd originally) and it was corrected.

However, the bike did have 1230 miles on it when dyno'd. I'm sure it had loosened up a bit.

I didn't dyno it earlier in its life as the break-in procedure wouldn't be very effective if I revved it up to 13,500rpm on the dyno now would it?
rls4691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 07:30 PM   #99
gizmop
Founding Member

"...Best looking 600 around." You have got to be kidding! The thing looks bigger than the "before" model in a Jenny Craig ad. I'm not real keen on the "acid trip" colors, either. The bike reminds me of that fat chick Mimi on the Drew Carey Show. Then again, maybe you like a thick woman...
gizmop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 02:30 AM   #100
speed3
Founding Member

Default Bike Snobs are silly!

You have your right to your opinion about looks as that is a personal thing. As to the unreliability and speed, you must have owned many to make such a bold assumption. Maybe you run a "Consumer magazine" that specializes in motorcycle reliability. If this is the case please share with us your statistical findings. I am sure we would all be riveted by you insights.

You state that the ride is harsh on the T595. Maybe your obvious bias blinded you to the fact that the suspension is fully adjustable and it can be made to be quite plush.

I will not even address the speed issue as that seems a foolish point unless you live on a racetrack.

I am tired of so called motorcyclists that bash every bike but the one they ride. Come to grips with your insecurities and stop the needless comments that you cannot support with factual data
speed3 is offline   Reply With Quote