Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 01-03-2007, 10:55 AM   #81
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Who says a small company can't compete with proper engines

So much for that promised break from posting by poor picked on nutboy.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2007, 10:59 AM   #82
Neal
Founding Member

I'm not "in the know". However from conversations with folk who are(or who claim to be) , I feel pretty certain HD is developing a water cooled "sportster size " engine. However,the marketeers arent sold. Remember how all the pundits were on HD to develope the VROD engine and how its failed to sell in large numbers. Current Sportster/Buell owners just arent clamoring for a new engine...the question then is how many of you folk who are telling HD they need a water cooled engine will leave their current bikes and buy one? Thats the QUESTION. Be honest with yourself now KP..would you buy a water cooled Buell for your next bike or would you go with the new Concours? That's HD's problem. Their management isnt backwards or stupid...the answer just isnt as simple as you make it seem.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:59 AM   #83
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Re Dillon

Stupid test. Pointless trivia questions. REAL questions for gunnuts are more on the order of "How high should tripod mounted machine guns be set for grazing fire?"
Old 01-03-2007, 11:02 AM   #84
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Overpriced and overrated and fittest

Tell that to all those idiots who are holding million dollar mortgages on interest only ARMs in Calif.

Tell that to an entire world that has been more or less forced to use the most inferior operating system available. Look at how many people actually pay for MS Office! Hah!

There are all sorts of cruddy products out there that people line up to pay exorbitant prices for ust because they think it makes them look cool.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:09 AM   #85
schizuki
Founding Member

Well, somebody's having fun with the Moderate button...

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:19 AM   #86
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: Re Dillon

One to four feet high across an open area.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:30 AM   #87
ksquid
Banned

I won't be driven away by bullies, right wing wackos, cable guys who ride Bandits with egg crates (givos) strapped on the back, stalkers, Faux News viewing compound dwellers in Utah etc.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:30 AM   #88
anrajala
Founding Member

If Eric would have been given a clean sheet of paper day one, and he could have designed his own motor, all expenses paid, the end result would look very little like a worster engine.

I wish him well. He´s got surprisingly far considering what he has to work with.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:31 AM   #89
schizuki
Founding Member

13 posts in 3 of 5 threads since he announced his "self-imposed exile" from the "stalkers." Started out reasonable, but the lack of negative attention was unbearable to him, so out came the GPTB crap. So, how long did that last?

In his world, a stalker is someone who sits in his living room while the stalkee stands in the guy's driveway, ranting.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:32 AM   #90
ksquid
Banned

I would buy a Firebolt with a modern engine.. I like the looks and it handles better than most bikes.. If it came with a 5 year wheel to wheel warranty so much the better.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote