Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Triumph News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/triumph-news/)
-   -   Triumph Tops 10K Units Sold in the U.S. in '06. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/triumph-news/4187-triumph-tops-10k-units-sold-u-s-06-a.html)

sarnali2 01-03-2007 10:58 AM

Re: Triumph Tops 10K Units Sold in the U.S. in '06.

Should be easy to find in San Diego......

BrowningBAR 01-03-2007 11:01 AM

No, if you give someone something for free, they will just demand more free stuff and get even more pissed when you stop giving them free stuff.

That's people in general. Not a specific group.

What about a Trophy replacement?

sarnali2 01-03-2007 11:02 AM

Mine wasn't. The ones assembled in Thailand not taiwan are for the Asian market.

anrajala 01-03-2007 11:05 AM

Re: Excellent Point

I totally agree with you guys. Honda is so off the mark with their products. Last year they managed to sell only 11.8 million bikes which proves absolutely no-one wants them.

- cruiz-euro

ksquid 01-03-2007 11:12 AM

Re: Who says a small company can't compete with proper engines

Well if they don't improve, update, innovate they will die. Call us what you want to.. But Buell should not be marketing to the over 40 crowd (Stay the Course with Harley engine folks). They should be listening to the under 40 parasites cause they are their potential customers.. Marketing 101 zawa..Times change..

maladg 01-03-2007 11:12 AM

Thanks!

Thanks Ace and sarnali!

SmokeU 01-03-2007 11:15 AM

I'm 26 and ride a Concours for gawd sake and I would NEVER buy a Buell if it didn't have the Sporty engine.

acecycleins 01-03-2007 11:15 AM

Oops- see what happens when you are talking to someone and typing at the same time- got the whole d@mn country wrong and I knew the answer in the first place.

Thanks for the correction.

The Thailand bikes are coming to America. If you- look the Hinkley bikes VIN in the last seven digits the letter J lets you know it's from Hinkley. The letter T is the Thai bike. We have 2 on the floor and are told by Triumph that the Thai bikes are going to make up about half of the total bikes coming from the Bonni line-up. It's my understanding that ALL Black models are Thai bikes and a good chunk of the standard silver and green models, too.

ksquid 01-03-2007 11:17 AM

I have a feeling we will never know if I, and 90% of the motorcycle journalists, who think a Buell with a better engine would sell like hotcake will be right. HD even though the are doing great now has to be looking at the demographics curves with fear... Of course their management which is older is probably content to ride things out i.e. keep taking the profits off the new 57 Chevy's they are making and invest the profits in real estate.. Triumph can build a modern engine and still remain unique why can't Harley?

BrowningBAR 01-03-2007 11:17 AM

Re: Re Dillon

D@mnit. Got a 9 out of 10.