Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Triumph News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/triumph-news/)
-   -   Triumph Tops 10K Units Sold in the U.S. in '06. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/triumph-news/4187-triumph-tops-10k-units-sold-u-s-06-a.html)

ksquid 01-03-2007 07:17 AM

Thanks

Thanks.. Well said.. You did a much better job of presenting the case than I could. I would have gone with the Burger Barn regurgitation of the criticisms of SportRider, CycleWorld, and Motorcyclist..print rags. Which would have been ineffective and subject to ridicule.. :)

ksquid 01-03-2007 07:19 AM

Re: Who says a small company can't compete with proper engines

Nice looks... The Blast is so small though. I am 6' 220 and I look like a circus clown on it (and when I am not on it)..

ksquid 01-03-2007 07:20 AM

Re: Congrats to Triumph

That's the spirit.. :)

schizuki 01-03-2007 07:22 AM

Re: Who says a small company can't compete with proper engines

If it's liquid-cooled, I'll pass.

gbrummett 01-03-2007 08:12 AM

Re: Congrats to Triumph

Amen!

maladg 01-03-2007 08:16 AM

Re Dillon

Looks like a LOT of fun. I could afford to shoot it for maybe 3 sec a month.

Cabela sells that cool little Gatling conversion for the Ruger .22. You have to buy 4 of them - I think - and you have to turn a crank. But still, at least I could shoot it on a regular basis without having to add an extra house payment every month!

Thanks for the entertainment! Most outstanding..

Holy_Kaw 01-03-2007 08:16 AM

Re: Excellent Point

Feel kinda like I'm jumpin on the bandwagon here but what is up with them?

I've heard rumors that "Corporate" comes off like "We are Way smarter than you and you will like what we say you will like", screw that. I'm not looking for someone to hire, I just want a cool bike.

If they're so smart how come they haven't figured out that what they seem to need most is passion. Does anyone around there LOVE Motorcycles/Riding? Are bean counters running the show?

I was a huge fan of Big Red but other than their race programs I've found little of interest for a good bit now.

Truimph is being run in large part by enthusiasts. Want proof? Take a ride on one. Congrats Truimph.

maladg 01-03-2007 08:41 AM

Re: Triumph Tops 10K Units Sold in the U.S. in '06.

Perhaps with all this newfound piety, Triumph USA can find a way to do the bike show this year. If not all, then maybe the ATL show. After all, it is only a few miles up the road from Newnan.

Gotta love that Scrambler, too. Especially the Silver/Green combo. There is a nice fellow who drops by for an occasional visit that has a sweet, newish Bonnie. I wonder if I could get some tubeless rims laced up for one? I'd dread going back to tubes on a street bike. While I've read repeated comments on thin-ish fit/finish, his Bonnie looks pretty darned good to me. I -again - wonder what a little fork work, a pair of premium shoxs & rubber would wrought??? Hmmmmm...

Is anyone else looking forwards to a real test of the new Gen Tiger? Ace, is the new El Tigre' at Dealership yet? If not, when? Is that pillion as kicked up in the arse as it seems in the photographs? SWMBO must be comfy - or else!

But the sweetest sound in my neighborhood is the other nice fellow who modestly revs his RC51 as he passes my casa 3 or 4 times a week. Looks like a nice 'tune onnit...

longride 01-03-2007 08:43 AM

Good on Triumph. They make a fantastic linup of original motorcycles. I'm sure they will do well in the future.

TwistedKestrel 01-03-2007 08:47 AM

Good for Triumph. Now can they please replace their missing Toronto dealership? Since they're doing so well, and all.