Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Triumph News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/triumph-news/)
-   -   Triumph Tops 10K Units Sold in the U.S. in '06. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/triumph-news/4187-triumph-tops-10k-units-sold-u-s-06-a.html)

BrowningBAR 01-03-2007 05:17 AM

Re: Triumph Tops 10K Units Sold in the U.S. in '06.

It would be great if they could get it in at a $6500-7500 price range.

Make it something along the lines of the beemer 650gs. Except it wouldn't be a single and with a few more ponies.

sarnali2 01-03-2007 05:18 AM

The Bonnie is a V-Twin..."Vertical twin" Just as God and the Prophet Edwin Turner designed it. Those johnny come lately's at Harley couldn't even get that right

seruzawa 01-03-2007 05:19 AM

Re: Excellent Point

As far as I'm concerned Honda won't be anywhere. I'm not interested in buying their cars, motorcycles, generators, lawn mowers, etc. All are overpriced and overrated.

seruzawa 01-03-2007 05:37 AM

Re: Who says a small company can't compete with proper engines

I'm still trying to figure out what a "modern proper engine" is. Is there some guidance from God on this? Some scrolls found in a cave?

Whatever. I'm sure that Eric isn't stupid enough to listen to the opinions of clowns who've never successfully run a business or designed a motorcycle. Or even changed the oil for that matter.

BrowningBAR 01-03-2007 05:38 AM

I think it's 1-3 years away from HD coming out with something new for the sportster/Buell.

What will it be? D@mned if I know. But I think the Sportster XR might be a hint of a direction.

I couldn't see it being anything that will be what the racer wannabes cry for, but I could see something between 110 and 120hp range (up from 103) and a bit lighter.

Personally I dig the Buell the way it is. It's not supposed to be a superbike so what ever evolution they produce will probable be based on what it currently is.

I would sort of enjoy if they did something funky with the Blast. Maybe up the functionality and make it a motard or something.

schizuki 01-03-2007 05:49 AM

"I would sort of enjoy if they did something funky with the Blast."

+1. Thumpers are cool. And 70 mpg!

Maybe Eric could use something like this for inspiration.

BrowningBAR 01-03-2007 05:58 AM

Cool look!

I'm sure they could bump it up to something in the 45hp range (give or take) and still get some hella-cool MPGs out of it.

Just make the @ss end of it a bit longer. I'm lanky enough as it is. I don't need a bike to emphasize it!

Have they increased the reliability of the Blast. I have always heard hideous things about them in those regards...not sure if you are the right one to ask on this, though :)

Where did Buell get the single in the first place?

schizuki 01-03-2007 06:26 AM

"Have they increased the reliability of the Blast."

No idea. I've heard the same stuff you have.

"Where did Buell get the single in the first place?"

To oversimplify, it's half of their Twin.

sarnali2 01-03-2007 06:36 AM

Come on now, the Sportster engine is a dinosaur. It's barely a unit engine. Buell has done an excelllent job of building a bike around it's limitations but they've gone about as far as they can go with it with pistons, cams and head work, and it runs good but it's still a low rev pushrod engine designed in the early 50's.

A v-twin with a chain or gear driven overhead cams, 4 valves per cyl. and a cassette type gearbox, light flywheels, better intake design and a 10k rev limit would totally wake the bike up and take advantage of his other engineering skills in chassis design and innovation, mass centralization etc..

Porche did a good job for Harley with the Vrod, turn 'em loose on the Buell and make it a true performance bike. Then use the current Buell engine in the Sportster line-up and grow some balls back there too.

Oh yeah, I bought a manual for my bike too and I'm going to change the oil as soon as my neighbor gets home so I can borrow his channel locks. Can I use car oil?

BrowningBAR 01-03-2007 07:10 AM

Sorry, I'm still interested!

And if I ever get more money than I know what to do with I'm buying several hundred acres of land in Montana and build an indoor dirt and race track with a facilities that can hold several dozen motorcycles, an outdoor shooting range, indoor shooting range and a walk-in gun vault and no one will ever hear from me again.

Oh and I'll want one of these...because I'm childish and like to play with guns:

http://dillonaero.com/SM134.html