Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 03-24-2006, 07:13 AM   #21
ikonoklass
Founding Member

Default Re: Daytona 675 Found!

Granted, the day is young, but this is the smartest thing I've heard all day.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2006, 07:38 AM   #22
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Please tell me that the romantic all-male night in a seedy hotel wasn't what spurred the offer of your bike.
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 07:44 AM   #23
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

O-le! Ole.
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 07:48 AM   #24
ksquid
Banned

Default Why not 600, 800, 1000?

Hey 600s are here to stay. MotoGP is moving towards 800. VFR is 800. AMA could have only 3 classes 600, 800, 1000. Suzuki could use their 750 to compete in the 800 class...500 is too small..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:15 AM   #25
pplassm
Founding Member

Or converted dirt bikes?
Old 03-24-2006, 08:33 AM   #26
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Er, sort of...

It's not just true in Brit SS, it's (more importantly) also true for the majority of club racing organizations.

Since we write for track day riders or club racers, and not for AMA/World Pros; the majority of the germane rulebooks state 675 triples are legal for their "middleweight" classes, while the GSX-R 750 most certainly is not.

-Sean
Old 03-24-2006, 09:04 AM   #27
Flickmeister
Registered Member

How can you blame Kawi or Triumph when they are giving you more performance for an equal (or lesser) price? The only place the 600cc thing counts is on the racetrack. On the street, the more for us, the better. Rev it & ride!.....the gospel according to a treacherous old fart. Cheers, Jack
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:30 AM   #28
Kipio
Registered Member

<blockquote>The fact that the 675 is not being allowed in WSS and AMA SS & FX is more likely due to politics and the fact that Triumph will not be supporting a factory race team.</blockquote>

Well, I don't know if it is politics that they aren't being allowed in or not, but it is important to point out that, as I understand it, the AMA and WSS rules didn't allow 675 triples way before Triumph built one. It's not like Triumph announced they were going to build the motorcycle and then the racing organizations changed the rules to not let it in.

Triumph knew the rules when they built the bike and they knew that if they wanted it eligible they would have to get those rules changed. Whether those rules should be changed is a matter I can't comment on, but it is noteworthy that Triumph built a bike that couldn't compete in these series without a rules change.
Kipio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:43 AM   #29
rpf_racing
Founding Member

Ole Holter, your letting Sean ride your precious 675? Now, now, I call for some sensibility. You shouldn't let a ham fisted drag racer thrash that poor baby. I think you should let me ride it instead. Infact you would get a brand new toaster, a miniature 1:14 scale model of a Ducati 999 and my insurance bill for the rest of your life. Now honestly, which offer sounds better?

Alright you be that way Ole and Sean stop laughing at my ridiculously slow lap times.

Just Kidding Sean and Ole... But if you do happen to need a (I never lean the bike over) test rider I am always avialable.

Ricardo
rpf_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:14 AM   #30
pdad13
Founding Member

Right. That's what I was alluding to by mentioning the lesser pro series. I didn't mention club racing, but you're correct in pointing out that the fact that it's allowed there is probably more important to the average guy who buys one.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote