Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 09-26-2005, 07:08 AM   #1
eekadog
Founding Member

Default Re: Daytona 675 Triple Website Is Up

thanks for the info!
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2005, 07:12 AM   #2
eekadog
Founding Member

Default SO IS KAWASAKI's

ninja 650 is 6,299....
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:16 AM   #3
johnnyb
Founding Member

where is the nekkid bug-eye version? are we back to copying kawasaki again? i will wait to collect one from salvage yard. nay, i will wait at bottom of South grade with truk...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:29 AM   #4
dleclerc
Founding Member

The bike looks amazing, the tripple will undoubtably sound great, and being a triumph tripple it will be nice to ride somthing a little different.

I can't wait for two things.

1) for you to compare it to the top 600's to see if it lives up to what it promosises to be.

2) a speed four version stirpped down it should prove to look even better, and could be the ultamate middleweight streetfighter.
dleclerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 08:00 AM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

I wonder if that dry weight is anywhere near accurate or if Triumph used that same special weight scale the Japanese use.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:57 AM   #6
Tigercub
Founding Member

Copying Kawasaki was how Triumph were able to evolve to this thing, I guess.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:20 AM   #7
Tigercub
Founding Member

The intrigueing thing about Triumph is that they don't have to confer with the Japs before they try something new.

The Jap four move in a sort of syncopated lock step with each other. "Ok, Kawasaki you get the US Supersport series win, Suzuki gets US Superbike, Yamaha, MotoGP, Honda you get Europe this year. No Ducati wins, they had their chance for two seasons."

I wonder how they'll divvy it up for next year?

Triumph, you're on the right track, just focus on making the best bike for riding to all these Jap spec races.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:42 AM   #8
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Yep there is no way this can beat a Buell Firebolt anyway. Cheap Ninja knockoff. Three cyclinders is unbalanced anyway. God will curse it with vibration and knocking. ....

Ducati will bring out a 999 V-4 and 750 V-4 next year anyway and God will be pleased...

Mr. Christian Gates this is a proper troll.

1. Insult GPTB (Buell sacrasm)

2. ***** off the Triumph crowd (knockoff).

3. Don't forget the V-Twin Ducati crowd..

Actually I love the idea of 3 cylinder Triumph. My wife had a Geo with 3 cylinders when I married her. Great econo car. Bet they start importing them again..
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:30 AM   #9
pdad13
Founding Member

According to Ross Clifford, the bike scales in lighter than all of the '05 supersports. Can't speak for the new ones, yet.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:44 AM   #10
pdad13
Founding Member

I hear probably next year, Johnny. The original concept was actually penned as a naked streetfighter, and there was some discussion inside Triumph as to whether or not it should be faired or unfaired. In the end I guess they decided to have both (gotta sell bikes to the squids in this class, ya know). This is the last year of the Speed Four, so expect a 675-based naked next year. I don't know if it'll get the S3 bug-eyes, though.

This bike doesn't have much in common with the ZX-6R at all, except that it has two wheels, an engine and a fairing. Maybe more in common with the old Kawi triples? On closer inspection, you'll also notice that the styling is more distinctive than originally thought. I've seen a whole bunch of pictures recently that give a little different impression (trellis subframe, frame, swingarm--and the bodywork seems a bit more Euro than it does in the official pictures.) Everyone who's seen it up close has remarked how good it looks in the flesh.

In fact, I'm sure Sean and some MOtroops have seen it already at the press unveiling they did in Hollywood.

pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote