Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 09-14-2005, 12:17 PM   #51
blitz
Founding Member

Default Re: Scrambled Turnips

It's like the print was made with the negative backwards. The chain and the exhaust are on the wrong side, but at least they're together.

The thing is cute. Pretty much the only thing i'd consider trading my airhead beemers in on. You couldn't ride that bike without a smile on your face.

I had a Pacifico last night in honor of you having beers with Super Hunky. How cool is that?

blitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2005, 12:26 PM   #52
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Re: Daytona 675 outted

If anyone took the time to notice, about 6 months ago Triumph said they weren't wooried about racing anymore. They want a unique brand that doesn't have to worry about head to head competition. That's why they pulled out of the BSB supersport series. In a nutshell, they are returning to the roots of triples and twins and could care less what the Jap companies do. They want their own brand and customer not someone looking for the biggest, baddest, fastest bike. They want riders- not squids.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:27 PM   #53
RRRIDER
Registered Member

Ok the SV1000 is not a cruiser, you aren't supposed to support your upper body on the bars for 3 hours straight. If you grip the tank with your thighs to support your upper body, this will take the pressure off of your wrists and shoulders, and you will not experience any of these problems. I used to have an RC51 and those ergos were racy, but no problems here. I rode a friends 02 SV650 and thought I was back on my old yamaha Radian 600
RRRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 12:28 PM   #54
seruzawa
The Toad

Don't be disrecpectful. I paid my dues in the Navy when I was a sponger on a gun crew. Those splinters while trading broadsides can be a bytch.

Ask sarnali.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:38 PM   #55
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Scrambled Turnips

If you followed it up with a couple shots of Huradura Silver, way cool.

That scrambler's the coolest bike in Triumphs lineup for my money. Even more retro than the Bonnie.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:41 PM   #56
seruzawa
The Toad

Good point and I can do that on other bikes like a CBR1000F or an FJ1200 but for some reason the SV just doesn't allow me to do that. Having had a semi-serious back injury (not m/c related) forces me to make compromises.

I like to finish 300-500 mile days in some other semblance tha a baked pretzel.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:00 PM   #57
sarnali
Founding Member

I drive past the gym two or three times a day and my wrists don't hurt. I put 250 miles on my piped and jetted Thruxton yesterday and the only thing that hurts is my face from grinning like a maniac.....

I figure I'm crankin' out a blazing 73 horse's or so. Gotta' keep a tight rein on them ponies, so I lift weights to increase my strength. Most of the time I stick to 12 oz's, every once in a while I man-up and go fer' 25.4's
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 01:00 PM   #58
Fenton
Founding Member

Thanks K, I gotta read the review later, but the picture look good.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 01:05 PM   #59
sarnali
Founding Member

Hey, I was too busy shoveling coal in the boilers to worry about splinters, that's what deck apes are for.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:11 PM   #60
sarnali
Founding Member

You're right about the Bandit top clamp, I gave the SV a serious look because the motor would have to be fun, but the ergos on it are off by a mile. Drop the pegs and put flat bars on it and they'd sell like hot-cakes.