Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 09-14-2005, 08:55 AM   #41
edward44
Founding Member

Default Re: Daytona 675 outted

Some pics here as well.:

<ul>http://www.400greybike.co.uk/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=34755<ul>

Looks like a great package. Will the 3 cylinders be acceptable to the conservative Americano buyers?I doubt it.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2005, 08:56 AM   #42
pushrod
Founding Member

Guarandamntee ya the "musicians' sleeves" have fringe!

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:24 AM   #43
seruzawa
The Toad

Yeah. I sat on it a bit. Too bad they didn't put the Bandit style top triple crown on the SV1000S. It's not like the bike is actually a repliracer or anything. It should be set up more like a sport tourer, not an RC51. I'd consider owning an SV1000S myself if it weren't for the lousy ergos. With the fairing lower its actually a pretty sharp looking bike.

But I guess the clipons have more cool factor down at the Burger Barn.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:29 AM   #44
seruzawa
The Toad

Sorry, but I have it on superiorgeniusexpertopinion that you aren't really in pain if you go to the gym regularly. Must be alien mind rays from the Bush administration that cause that pain. Since he's busy in Lousiana causing hurricanes and stopping the mayor from evacuating N'arlins he may have forgotten to turn the mind ray machine back on. Now's yer chance!
Old 09-14-2005, 09:37 AM   #45
pdad13
Founding Member

Yeah, I think it's real purty with the fairing lowers, too. I also think it's really underrated. I was talking to the owner of my local Suzi dealer and he admitted that they screwed the pooch on the ergos. He said as soon as he sat on one he knew that Suzuki got it wrong.

Totally agree with a more ST riding position. Put the clipons on small risers, change the angle, drop the pegs a smidge and it probably feels like a different bike. Hell, just changing the angle of the bars would probably help a lot.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:34 AM   #46
TwitchMacabre
Founding Member

I just bought a SV1000S, it is more sport than tour. I got the red one cause I am a squid poser. There are some aftermarket solutions to you old fogies that want the looks/performance of a sportbike but the comfort of a goldwing. I bet you guys would ***** about the taxes if you won the lottery!

:P

Twitchy

TwitchMacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:56 AM   #47
seruzawa
The Toad

Default wrong phraseology

The correct one would be: "You'd complain if you were hung with a new rope."

Old 09-14-2005, 11:06 AM   #48
Anti-ChickenStrip
Founding Member

How's the slipper clutch on the SV1000s?
Anti-ChickenStrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:09 AM   #49
pdad13
Founding Member

Um, Twitchy, I ride a Daytona 955i, which is more sport than your sport. It's bone stock. The ergos are probably every bit as aggressive as the SV but the bar/peg/seat relationship works better, at least for me. Oh, and I ride it practically every day.

I like the SV1K a lot. I just don't like the ergos too much. I thought a Buell XB12R was more comfortable. Ever squeeze your a$$ onto one of those? I thought it was great for a tiny bike.

And I ain't that old. But I am getting there. Seruzawa, now he's acient.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:12 AM   #50
RRRIDER
Registered Member

Yes, I don't understand why it takes Truimph using a 675 engine to be competitive with the Japanese 600's. Kawasaki cheats too, but atleast they make the 599cc RR and race it. I do like the styling, but its nearing the 700 mark. Its eyes or headlights look pretty neat too. I'd like to see it beat a Honda 600rr in race trim (and the Triumph would be in race trim too), then maybe it will receive some respect.
RRRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote