Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 06-07-2005, 02:20 PM   #21
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Re: BrokenLink strikes again

They are great! But then, everybody has one.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2005, 02:26 PM   #22
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Sprint ST with ABS

i'd like to see a toaster shootout too. your Waring, your Hamilton-Beach, your General Electric...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 02:27 PM   #23
Fenton
Founding Member

So right you are. Who woulda thunk, now everyone is looking for a clean '98-01 VFR. The before they "ruined" it bike.

It's either 100hp/560lbs or 180hp/400lbs. Am I the only one not getting it? Let's split the differenc, how about 140hp/480lbs.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 04:21 PM   #24
Equalizer
Registered Member

Well, the Local dealer in Pensacola, FL can't even keep one on the show room floor. When I went to the Triumph track day at Barber Motorsports Park the Sprint was booked solid.

I have a 2003 and the only complaints I ever had was a mushy front suspension. Well GMD Computrac took care of that with Racetec Internals and I added a Penske rear shock as well with a very hefty spring rate for two up back road carving, Triumph race exhaust and race tune for the FI. My next upgrade is going to be a Brembo Radial Master Cylinder .... All of which still make it a better bargain than the Ducati ST3 or ST4.

Oh and of course that orgasmic triple sound ... excuse me I have to step away
Equalizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 04:39 PM   #25
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

"The switch controlling this process operates at a mere four milliseconds and the system modulates the pressure between these two points to achieve optimum breaking." "

When I use the brakes I want to slow or stop. They can forget about that optimum breaking stuff... I'd definately get the non-ABS version!

Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 04:45 PM   #26
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Re: Yeah whatever.

Aw man, why so cynical?

"Underpowered" bikes have done very well (and even won) in MO's comparos.

Check last year's sport-touring and open class shootouts, and this year's open class shootout, too.</p>
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 10:22 PM   #27
KLRer
Founding Member

Default Re: Tiger

Looking forward to the Open Adventure Shootout and the Tigers got to be there, still one of the best I suspect. Since its Open, why not throw in a Kawasaki KLR 650 which is in fact used as a long-distance adventure bike by some? Its probably a lot slower in the 1/4 mile but I'd love to see how it fares 0 to 60 against the bigger bikes. And 0 to 30 or so it might be the quickest of the group. Much lighter than others.
KLRer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 02:00 AM   #28
bod
Founding Member

Hey you guys take it easy on my Viffer she'll hear ya and start *****ing at me. Actually I love the vtec viffer a bit high on the 12thou mat. but hey shes rock solid and dependable and good for 600 mile days I cant say that about other bikes Ive owned. I wonder is the upkeep that high when you figure total cost of ownership nah not really.
bod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 03:32 AM   #29
sconley
Founding Member

Seriously though, I would also be interested in this comparison... If nothing more, I'd like to use the platform to tell Yamaha that if they would update the windjammer front fairing of the 600R to something more modern, I for one would buy another one (I already owned one in 1997)... Great bike though, go back to the solid color, fix the front, and call it a new model.
sconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 03:32 AM   #30
maladg
Registered Member

Only if your screeds are looooong. Got a jones for Burns words.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote