Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 05-09-2005, 04:38 PM   #1
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Record Sales for Triumph

I like the Rocket,Triple and Sprint ST and I have a dealer about 15 minutes from me.

Damn! Wallet quivering again.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2005, 04:47 PM   #2
pdad13
Founding Member

As a new Triumph owner, I say go get the S3 or the Sprint. They've got an ST on the floor of my dealer (About 15 minutes away, too. Another about 50 minutes away.) It's really, really nice.

Do it. You know you want to.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 05:08 PM   #3
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

I guess with Triumph selling bikes this quick longride will have forget about the new Speed Triple, to give more consideration to the idea of buying a Hayabusa. It's either that or paying for 12 cases of oil, and stockpiling the parts that will rattle off of his shovel head. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 05:12 PM   #4
Fenton
Founding Member

I really like the new triumph line. I'm not crazy about reporting +32% increase over the same month last year. I can't even remember the total model redisigns that hit the showrooms last April. Statistics can be a tad misleading.

On a happy for triumph note. The S3 looks so good, I keep wondering if I could live with it for "light" touring.(2-3 day 500-600 mile trips) It would be a perfect bike for everyday riding. The big advantage with the "nakeds" is you don't lock'em in at 80+ and just sit on the highway. This makes the CHP happy and creates a more challenging trip route.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 05:18 PM   #5
Andonyx
Founding Member

I liked the 2000 line-up a little better. The Thuderbird is still my favorite triumph. I bought a Used Legend last year and I love it. It's a quirky and unusual but still really peppy.

I looked at the new line-up and nothing (for lack of a better phrase) looks distinctly "like a Triumph". The bonneville looks generic cruiser to me, and the thruxton definitely looks old english, but it's a little small and underpowered for my tastes.

I want a new Thunderbird to work up to dang it!
Old 05-09-2005, 06:30 PM   #6
tomk2
Founding Member

I'm glad Triumph is doing well... they make well thought out quality bikes for the real world.

The Japanese give you either

a) their liter bike and 600 race replicas, fantastic amazing track bikes that are becomng increasingly irrelevant for road use

or

b) the rest of their lineups, 57 varieties of banality kludged together from the parts bins,

tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 07:32 PM   #7
ikonoklass
Founding Member

For more on Triumph, visit www.triumphrat.net
Old 05-09-2005, 08:32 PM   #8
Nplateau
Founding Member

Have you ridden the VFR?

Wholesome goodness.

Like a Swiss Army Knife. That's one of my mental image associations when I think of the VFR.

It's what I would consider a "gentleman's motorcycle." (Copyright Nplateau 2005). LOL.

It's the motorcycle James Bond. (Copyright Nplateau 2005). LOL.

Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 09:14 PM   #9
umarth
Founding Member

The Japanese give you gems like the SV650/Z750S and others. Look at all the bike companies, they have great, spanking new bikes or old/cheap models. The middle ground just doesn't exist. Maybe in Ducati's monster range, but no where else, really.

I have a SV650 and would like to move up to a better looking bike with the same ergos that is reliable and isn't a bike with a huge amount of go. I love the S3, but I know it is more bike than I can handle. So I am stuck with the relatively ugly basic bikes or the better looking bikes that have more engine than I really have use for. Ducati might have the S2R, but I don't want to pay for valve adjustments.....

Sooner or later somebody is going to release a good-looking, reliable and fun bike with comfy ergos that doesn't have a huge engine, and when that happens, my SV will be in the classifieds.
umarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 12:35 AM   #10
eekadog
Founding Member

bonnie, s4...the 05 sv650 looks pretty good.
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote