Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 01-30-2005, 03:54 AM   #1
caderider
Registered Member

Default Re: Recall for Rocket III's

Reminds me of the secondary gear plug issue of the Suzuki GV1400 Cavalcades - the plug in the center of the driven gear (that spins the driveshaft) would fall out causing loss of lubricant & subsequent bearing failure. However, those generally took years to manifest (it took time for the plug to fall out), whereas the Rocket issue was noticed early on

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2005, 05:22 AM   #2
sarnali
Founding Member

It's a credit to Triumph, who like Buell recalled all models for repair instead of denying a problem exhists or blaming the owners for "mis-using" the bikes.

Replacing a final drive unit over a leaking seal is a sign of a company who takes care of it's customers and stands behind it's products 100%

It's a pity BMW couldn't do the same with it's final drive failures and ridability issues, or Honda with the G/W frame breakage and faulty charging systems on G/W's and VFR's or Suzuki with it's Bandit oil consumption issues and stator failures on the GS1100's or Harley with the TC88 cam bearing failures.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but you get the point. Any Machine can have manufacturing defects or supplier issues, it's how they deal with the problems that makes a differance. I'll spend my money on a company that stands behind their products over one that burys it's corporate head in the sand, denies theirs a problem, then blames me because I don't know how to ride the f*****g thing.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:17 AM   #3
schizuki
Founding Member

Apparently there's a chronic engine-knock problem in the Suzuki SV1000 that Suzuki is stonewalling on, also.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:21 AM   #4
ZXDavid
Founding Member

Rocket 3 looks like a Boss Hoss fart. Iam sure there will be many more recalls on that turd before its over with.
ZXDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 12:44 PM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Since I had the pleasure of riding a Rocket III and I would say it's as far from a "turd" as a bike can get. The power is simply amazing and it handles and rides like it weighs 200 lbs. less than it actually does. I didn't think the styling was all that bad either. Tell us about your riding experience on it. Let me offer a guess first. You never rode one.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:16 PM   #6
PoppySTS
Founding Member

i will offer a guess that you don't have to ride a bike to judge it's aesthetics

i like the styling of the rocket iii and haven't ridden it... does that mean i'm wrong too?
PoppySTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 02:32 PM   #7
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

He wasn't just judging the asthetics. Calling a bike a "turd" and predicting more recalls, without as much as laying eyes on a live one is stupid. Maybe he's a psychic. Are you going to predict more recalls too from looking at the styling?
Old 01-30-2005, 07:03 PM   #8
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

"It's a credit to Triumph, who like Buell...", Well said. More I hear about Triumph (and Buell), the more it seems like a company that I would want to do business with.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 05:47 AM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Predicting recalls for Triumphs is probably as dumb a move as possible. From what I've been able to glean it appears that recent Triumphs have better reliability histories than almost any manufacturer. No one is doing any better.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:36 AM   #10
pushrod
Founding Member

Other than the fuel fitting(s) letting go on my 03 ST (My fault for procrastinating the performance of the Facotry Recall), my bike, my previous bike (Y2K ST), my buddies Y2K SIII and the Army squid's '01 Daytona have all been as reliable as a hammer.

I tell everyone that I would buy another Triumph in a heartbeat.

Now, if I can just figure out how to afford that new ST...

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote