Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 01-19-2005, 04:51 AM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Triumph's U.S. Sales Up 35% in 2004

Haven't seen the new S3 in person yet, but it doesn't look that small. Heck, If I could ride that Brutale, I could hang with an S3 easy. Maybe i should go with an OCC custom and forget the whole deal.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2005, 05:05 AM   #22
bbtowns
Founding Member

I put 46K miles on a 96 Tiger over about 4 years, no problems, no breakdowns, nothing at all. Really the only unreliable bike I've owned is a Harley, unlike some of the other posts, and it's main problem was chronic oil leaks. Jap bikes, Beemers, even a Ducati have all been good for me over similar distances.

IMO you can forget your reliability concerns, they were a problem with the old Triumph, but the new ones seem to hang together wonderfully.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:33 AM   #23
sarnali
Founding Member

If you want the "custom choppa" experiance just put short struts on the back of your shovelhead, loosen the steering head bearings and strip all the insulation off your wiring.

You won't get the snazzy paint job but the wonderful handling and authentic "wiring issues" should be close. Don't forget to run REAL short drag pipes and yo-yo the throttle at every stop.

(Now go buy a Triumph cheapskate)
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:08 AM   #24
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I was kidding on the OCC thing. I really despise those things. If some people like em, it's cool with me, but you won't see me on one. I have to ride one first, but I think the S3 and me will get along fine.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:19 AM   #25
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Excuse me

I concur. Where are the *****z, Gixxerz, and brain tankz!!! Excuse me MRALLCAPS but even though I heard you can REALLY ride your public needs you! With the rumored demise of THE HIGHWAYMAN (I heard he was doing time, again, some trumped up Atrocitor assault rap) we need all the HERO's we can get in these trying times!
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:28 AM   #26
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Kawasaki also had it's hand in the triple market for awhile, with mixed results. There is a persistent rumor that Honda is going to race a triple (V-3?) in MOTOGP.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:43 AM   #27
pushrod
Founding Member

Longride-

My not-so-local dealer told me he sat on the ST and the SIII when he was at the Dealer meeting in the U.K., and he says the ergo's are practically unchanged.

His previous personal favorite was the ST, and he thinks the new one will be a home run (or whatever the British equivalent would be) but he spent his own money and bought a Rocket, which he says is the most fun he has ever had on a bike. It's also the first bike he has puchased in three decades as a M/C dealer.

AFA reliability, I never had a lick of trouble with my Y2K ST, and my '03 had only an annoying fuel problem that eventually fixed itself. Other than the recall on the fuel fittings, that is.

Get thee on a Triumph (especially since the out-year SIII's will be really cheap when the new one hits the streets!)!

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:58 AM   #28
Fenton
Founding Member

Some wind protection could make the S3 a do everything bike. But the thought of a big laminar lip on the fly screen ruins it for me. I think S3+wind screen=Daytona.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:59 AM   #29
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

Do I get to come to Chicago to ride it or will you just bring it here?
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 07:01 AM   #30
sarnali
Founding Member

I know what you mean, if they gave me one I'd sell it to the first fish I could find.

The S3 should be a little more relaxed than your ZX and a little more crouch than your MAX. Supposedly the ergos didn't change from last year and I fit that one fine. I'd love one myself, but that Thruxton just grabs me and won't let go...Reminds me of my dads bikes.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote