Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 01-06-2005, 07:49 AM   #51
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph Seeing Red Ink

I agree with a lot of your ideas, but Triumphs heritage isn't springer frontends and hard tails. Triumph was one of the first manufacturers to come out with swing-arms, one of the first to come out with telescopic forks and one of the first to put high performance in the hands of the working class.

Broughs, Black Shadows and Square fours were always high-end bikes, the average working class bloke would lust after those, but buy a Triumph or BSA

If you have to have a choppery looking Triumph, then bring back the Hurricane
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2005, 08:16 AM   #52
ewok1
Founding Member

Default Re: Tax on profits

I scrolled down to see if someone else was going to make this point before i just duplicated it. here it was. I concur without comment. I will say this I have owned one old triumph and 3 of the hinckley triumphs. they new ones are well built, have a great motor and have warts like every other bike. i recommend one and will buy another when the tiger gets better.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:54 AM   #53
clively
Founding Member

I couldn't have said it any better myself. I bought a Road King a few years ago because I liked the product and the dealer is fantastic where I live. A Triumph/Indian/Aprilia store later opened and I love their stuff and dealer support as well. As soon as SWMBO gets out of school I will be pounding down their door.

I am very shocked you didn't mention that someone that looks like Arnold Shwartznegger (with a young Mike Douglas head), has high SAT scores, and high MSF scores can't control a VMAX or other LARGE bike. I've seen little women on all. Must've gone through Fast Freddie's school or something.

clively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:01 AM   #54
wrecks
Founding Member

"clearly you don't know any canadians"

WHat difference would "knowing any canadians" make to someone's knowledge of the canadian economy?

CLearly you're an ignorant fool who's probably never left his hometown. Do YOU know any canadians? You probably don't know that it's wrong to bang your sister.
wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:07 AM   #55
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: The new 680 Triple

Actually, I'd give the prize to the pre-unit 650s. Now those were simply gorgeous. Seldom equalled and never exceeded.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:16 AM   #56
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Actually, Triumph DOES sell many of the items you mentioned. So does Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Ducati and the rest. Sadly for them, nobody buys any.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:32 AM   #57
sarnali
Founding Member

I thought I'd cut him some slack since he's behaving himself.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:18 AM   #59
tomk2
Founding Member

Too true, America would be better off today if Arthur Laffer had just choked to death on his damned napkin.

If you want to see what happens to national economys when the "Chicago boys" (the neo-con PhDs from the University of Chicago) get to call the shots just look at Argentina. Their recent past is Americas present and future.

Runaway debt followed by economic stagnation and eventual default.

Bottom line... if a bike isn't produced in the USA or in a dollar-pegged currency nation like China, the price is headed up. Tough for Italian, Brit and Japanese imports, good for US based manufacturing.
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:48 AM   #60
seruzawa
The Toad

Won't last. You know it won't. We've tried being nice before. It never works. I, for one, aren't gonna get sucked in by his phony "make nice" act.