Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 12-15-2004, 03:07 PM   #11
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Phone Call for Kook

A really small object in a very large hole. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2004, 03:11 PM   #12
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph & AHRMA Announce Thruxton Cup Series

Smashing, after the races we can burn up the ton into the city and top it off wif some chips 'n' tea at the Transit Cafe' an' spy some dolly birds.

Sounds cool, since I'm planning on a Thruxton for my next bike I'll let you race it Sean, after I pipe 'n' jet it...Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.......

No, really....you can ride it....snork...ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 05:49 PM   #14
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Welcome, to Fantasy Land.

Nice bike!

I love the Café Racer look.

Considering that it costs 60% less, than a new Norton, $8,000 is a hellava price.

Though, it could use a quarter fairing, radial tires, and the Triple would be nice. But, I still like it.

Now, IÂ’m having visions of being clad in black, wearing a beanie-helmet and goggles, riding through the night with a scarf trailing behind me in the breeze.

Oh, oh! Fantasy Land, here I comeÂ…

The years seem to fall away, like so-many dreams, as I shift into third, while passing the city-limit sign, and the memories start to come at me, like drunks that I owe money. Suddenly, I begin to wonder, "Did Disco actually exist? Was Reagan really President? What ever happened to that chick, who could take her teeth out? And, how did I ever get this fat?" Never mind, that. IÂ’ve got more important things to think about. Like: If this is 1969, I might have a math test tomorrow. And, what the hellÂ’s my teacherÂ’s name? But, then, weed is only $20 per ounce, and Led ZepplinÂ’s first album wonÂ’t be out until January, so life is good. Hey, I could get used to this retro-bike thing...Oh, Damn! "Grampa! Is that you?" Thump! Thump! "Sure, hope not." Okay, time travel has some drawbacks. Big deal! Whaddaya want, for $9K?

Old 12-16-2004, 02:25 AM   #15
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I see the 2005 Bonnie T100 is getting the 900 motor also. I was looking at the Thruxton over the weekend at the shop and I'm not sure the riding position would wear well with me. I'm really drooling over that new Speed Triple though. I wouldn't be suprised to see one in the garage next year.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:39 AM   #16
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Welcome, to Fantasy Land.

The only thing wrong with waking up in '69 again would be worrying about getting your ass shipped to Viet Nam.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:51 AM   #17
jungkvist
Founding Member

Ouch!
Old 12-16-2004, 04:05 AM   #18
sarnali
Founding Member

The Speed Triple rocks fer' sure..but what I want is an air cooled twin to play with. I'll be either a Thruxton, T100 or Superglide. All three are pretty close in HP, torque and 0 to 100 times. The Triumphs are lighter, cheaper and better handling, the FXD has more potential to build, better dealer network and parts supply. Now that HD's are pretty much back to MSRP the base Superglide is pretty reasonable, though still more than the Triumph

The T100 has more room for me, and with a set of flatter bars and some suspension upgrades, along with a set of Norman Hyde pipes and a rejet would equal the Thruxton and still be easier on the elbows. By the same token an set of risers on the Thruxton would be cheaper and just as comfy and I'd have the tighter rake and bigger disc, plus adjustable forks.... It's a tuff call

The nice thing is I've got my Trophy for wind/weather protection and bags, plus the 108hp and 78 lbs/ft of torque is plenty for me. All I want is a play bike I can get out and blast around the boonies on for an hour or three so the Thruxton's riding position isn't that much of an issue anyway. I want to wait till I get my other vehicals paid off before I buy anything else so I've got a year or two to think about it
Old 12-16-2004, 04:07 AM   #19
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default This, is fun...

Wankers all, we could appall!

And, skiddle us around some blindie nerves, skedaddle down to the bees & bird...

Do the job, wet our gobs...

Then, act like codgers and artful-dodgers, playing the role, of MotoSnobs.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:18 AM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

The other thing wrong with waking up in 1969 would be realizing that you would have to endure Disco, BeeGees, Air Supply, butterfly collars, leisure suits, Richard Nixon, Olivia Newton-John and Elvis being dead again.