Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 09-08-2004, 06:31 AM   #41
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: Look who's talking.

Dude... that shouldn't shock you... Kpaul loses a couple more brain cells and we'll be watering him twice a day.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2004, 07:26 AM   #42
nweaver
Founding Member

Default I like the new ST...

I think the angled look does look good on this class of bikes, having the underseat exhaust (finally) is a big plus as well.

As for the bags bein huge: I'D F@#)$* HOPE SO. When you put the bags on a bike like this, you want to haul lots of stuff, and those bags look like they'l do the trick well. Looks like a good 1/2 a goldwing of capacity with just the side bags.

The two unanswered questions:

How does it look with the bags off but the mounting-hardware on?

Will ABS be available?
nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 07:51 AM   #43
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: New Triumphs Break Cover

Do you mean I'll get kicked out if I buy a new Triumph, or if I think like a squid?

This club's got some confusing rules. Must be the mass onset of AlzheimerÂ’s.

I'll have to assume it was the squid thing. There should be a blanket exemption for anything Triumph--even sportbikes.

Besides, I've already got a Kawi and you let me in. But that could have been the AlzheimerÂ’s, too.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:05 AM   #44
JasonS
Founding Member

... I recently picked up a 2003 ST...

.. the new ST is ugly... from the alien eyes headlights to the pointy angles all over, to the huge bags... someone else said its a VFR knock off...

tweachisown

JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:06 AM   #45
pdad13
Founding Member

I'll tell you, after seeing it in person, I really like it. The dealer, get this, just CALLED ME to do a demo ride on the 955. I think I'm gonna ask for a 600 ride, too. Although, I'd probably be more interested in the 650 when it arrives. I'm really curious to see how the 600 handles. I'm not real concerned about the weight, I'm used to a bigger, heavier bike anyway.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:07 AM   #46
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: perfidious albion

you can't trust those little sneakers as far as you can throw them.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:15 AM   #47
sarnali
Founding Member

Anything Brit., Anything Italian, Any Harley, Any REAL Indian (sorry, even we have standards), Any German as long as you stay in back where you belong, Any Japanese as long as you don't wear day-glow power ranger suits

It's more attitude than equipment, the single biggest criteria is you have to have money 'cause the new guy buys the beer.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:46 AM   #48
pdad13
Founding Member

I'll tell you, after seeing it in person, I really like it. The dealer, get this, just CALLED ME to do a demo ride on the 955. I think I'm gonna ask for a 600 ride, too. Although, I'd probably be more interested in the 650 when it arrives. I'm really curious to see how the 600 handles. I'm not real concerned about the weight, I'm used to a bigger, heavier bike anyway.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:51 AM   #49
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Thought you wanted the speed triple. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:02 AM   #50
seruzawa
The Toad

Well, I did and I do. But I decided that the RS would be more practical for my uses since I would use it for my 85 mile per day commute up I-15 as well as needing the wind protection when riding to my favorite windy roads. Whatever I get will see a fair amount of Interstate miles. The incredible prices on RSes sort of pushed me in that direction since according to the Trumpet website both bikes use the same engine.

Now however..... hmmmmmm... the S3 comes without the bug shield now. So I could mount my own little wind protection device... hmmmm. Decisions decisions.

A Union Jack paint job would make the decision for me.