Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 09-08-2004, 02:36 AM   #41
2wheeler
Founding Member

Default Re: New Triumphs Break Cover

The old ST was let down by its headlights. Anything with "tourer" in its name has got to be effective after nightfall. If they have sorted that out and not put anything else too far wrong then the new ST should be a great bike.
2wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2004, 03:16 AM   #42
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Look who's talking.

The GPTB welcomes all manner of machines, V-Twin and otherwise. It's certain personality types we exclude.

How could the Greta Motorcycle Prophylatic not know MV Agusta is famous for the inline four?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 03:16 AM   #43
SRMark
Founding Member

It's just a shaft away from sitting in my garage.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 04:39 AM   #44
pipnmali
Founding Member

Excellent point meredici. I'm in the market for a new bike and have tested a few 600 class sport bikes. The Daytona is very comfortable, and more of an every-day machine than the latest and greatest from the Big Four. I'm not capable of wringing every 1/10 of a second out of these incredibly competent machines, so the performance of any of these bikes is more than enough for me. Its also, in my opinion, is one of the best looking bikes available in North America. It is modern-looking, yet has crisp and clean lines which differentiate it from the busy detailing of the Japanese 600s.

I want a bike NOW however, so I can't see waiting for these new batch of Triumphs to hit the market. Four wheels just ain't the same as 2!

../c
pipnmali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 04:47 AM   #45
schizuki
Founding Member

I see Triumph's designers are still a generation behind everyone else. The ST looks like an old Ford Focus. Still, it's tempting. Gotta love that triple. Hopefully Mom's China Blue and Wake Me Up Silver aren't the only color choices. Green or black, please.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 04:52 AM   #46
ShawnVegas
Founding Member

Default Honda FMX650

Not Triumph related, but still a neat looking little bike: Honda FMX650. The Honda Italy site had a link to this last night, but now the link on the main page is gone. The actual page is still on their server though:

FMX650 Link
ShawnVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 05:04 AM   #47
seruzawa
The Toad

Just when I had just about decided on a Sprint RS - Triumph has to go and do THIS!
Old 09-08-2004, 05:31 AM   #48
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: Look who's talking.

Dude... that shouldn't shock you... Kpaul loses a couple more brain cells and we'll be watering him twice a day.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:26 AM   #49
nweaver
Founding Member

Default I like the new ST...

I think the angled look does look good on this class of bikes, having the underseat exhaust (finally) is a big plus as well.

As for the bags bein huge: I'D F@#)$* HOPE SO. When you put the bags on a bike like this, you want to haul lots of stuff, and those bags look like they'l do the trick well. Looks like a good 1/2 a goldwing of capacity with just the side bags.

The two unanswered questions:

How does it look with the bags off but the mounting-hardware on?

Will ABS be available?
nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 06:51 AM   #50
pdad13
Founding Member

Do you mean I'll get kicked out if I buy a new Triumph, or if I think like a squid?

This club's got some confusing rules. Must be the mass onset of AlzheimerÂ’s.

I'll have to assume it was the squid thing. There should be a blanket exemption for anything Triumph--even sportbikes.

Besides, I've already got a Kawi and you let me in. But that could have been the AlzheimerÂ’s, too.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote