Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 09-07-2004, 02:34 PM   #31
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: New Triumphs Break Cover

You'll get kicked out of the GPTB if you do.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2004, 02:37 PM   #32
HobbleFoot
Founding Member

As others have already said, I think the S3's rear-end is very much like the Lightning. Not a bad thing, overall a better looking bike than before. Oh yeah, how 'bout Triumph's new Futura?

By the way, the undertail exhaust craze has got to stop! The only good looking undertail exhaust setups were on the 916/996/998 Ducs and the MV Agusta F4s. Yamaha came close with the R1, but the heat shields ruin it.

Now if they could just get the Daytona 600/650 to quit smiling at me.......
HobbleFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 02:39 PM   #34
HobbleFoot
Founding Member

"I'm really tired of the angular design theme..."

Poor Dodge Viper, it once looked so good.......
HobbleFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 02:43 PM   #35
flatspin
Founding Member

I bought a 2004 Daytona 955i (yellow) a few weeks ago. The dealer gave me the bike for $8800, then subtracted a $500 customer rebate. Total price was $9300 out the door. I love the bike, especially the motor. Don't really think it needs more power, but it could stand to shed 30 or 40 lbs.
flatspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 03:06 PM   #36
nitrofly
Founding Member

AHA! The new Triumph Futura.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:38 PM   #37
meredici
Registered Member

I was quite impressed with the performance, handling and especially the comfortable ergos of the Daytona 600. For most riders, even big guys like myself (6'3) this bike is a perfect match. Let's be real, we're not riding with Mladin every Sunday. We're with our buddies and I think Triumph has done a great job fulfilling the "real world" 600 niche.
meredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 06:08 PM   #38
dean_1
Founding Member

I'm hot for Triumph! I'm buying an ST and mounting a video camera on the back end just so I can look at it while I'm riding.
dean_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 06:21 PM   #39
pushrod
Founding Member

Excuse me, but I'm having difficulty mopping up the saliva out of my keyboard...

The new ST's pipes solve the problem with the previous model where the pipe had two positions, high and low. The low was necessary to clear the bags, but puts it perilously close to the pavement. The pipe also hides the open wheel hub, which is a shame. I can't tell from the pictures, but hopefully they have cleaned up the bag mounting system, which really gorped up the look of the bike when the bags were not mounted. Not to mention the location of the seat latch lock.

Man, are those bags W-I-D-E, or what? I was looking to see if there were clearance lights mounted on them.

What can you say about the S3? Triumph took the ultimate Hooligan and made it even more anti-social! And, a 1050? Jeez, like the speedometer doesn't try to smack you in the mouth all the time now!

As far as a racer Bonny, there is a project going on down 'round these parts to make a flattracker out of a 750. 'Sposedly with factory assistance.

Gotta go get another towel!

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 07:21 PM   #40
union4ever
Registered Member

Check out the French company Mecatwin (www.mecatwin.com) to see what they've done with the Thruxton. Unfortunately, that page hasn't been translated yet, although the Harley section is available in English.
union4ever is offline   Reply With Quote