Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 11-20-2003, 09:22 AM   #1
nomad76
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph doin' It!

With all this talk about the cruisers being king here in America, I wonder how many sporty Trumpets are being sold. With the price drop, that Speed Four looks mighty tempting, and in no small part because I have yet to see one on the streets here in Philly...
nomad76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2003, 09:33 AM   #2
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Love the new big Daytona

Triumph is showing the skeptics (longride) wrong. People said they were stupid to compete with the Japanese. Despite having the factory burned down they are thriving. No tariffs were needed to compete (here that Harley lovers). Congrads Triumph. Now all they need are more dealers.

The Japanese are not impossible to compete with.[*] Unfornuately the Harvard MBAs that control US compaines would rather quit than compete, offshore jobs rather than get more productivity from their employees.[*]Short Term thinking dominates US CEOs.[*] Triumph has a great long-term approach. [*]

I applaud the management and employees of Triumph.

Hard work does pay off.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 09:56 AM   #3
fizzchem
Founding Member

You haven't seen me!

Go to Hermy's. They rock.
fizzchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 09:58 AM   #4
chuckdyer
Founding Member

I believe the reason that Triumph is seeing a big increase in sales is because they have deeply discounted most of their models. You can get a ST with bags for $9999. I wonder how much profit they are making after these big discounts?

2000 KTM 200 EXC
<hr></hr>
RideSafer Motorcycle Safety Products
http://www.ridesafer.com
chuckdyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 10:04 AM   #5
maladg
Registered Member

Well, whatever the reason lets hope it continues. Variety! Keeps the bike world more interesting.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 10:04 AM   #6
pushrod
Founding Member

Default Their Website is no Triumph

Longride and/or other staff,

It occurs to me there may be money to be made if you offered to maintain the www.triumph.co.uk subsite for the "Americas".

Although (as has been pointed out in the past) Bloor and crowd seem to have little affection for the 'Net, you'd think the marketeers would care if we thought their websites suck greatly! I mean, you'd assume the above release would be on the company webpage "News" section, wouldn't you?

Maybe if you sent them some of the MO Triumph-related strings, so they'd see what the uncommon herd says about them, maybe they'd perk up.

(cue the flying monkeys)

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 10:38 AM   #7
nomad76
Founding Member

Where is that again?
nomad76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 10:48 AM   #8
nitrofly
Founding Member

It's the Thruxton. That's why they are going to have a bumper year. The thruxton is a new classic before it even hits the showroom floors. Take that KawaYamaHarleyZukiYonda.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:46 AM   #9
Tigercub
Founding Member

Good for Trumpet! Quality is definitely there. Owner satisfaction is the highest of all brands according to Motorcycle Consumer News.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 11:47 AM   #10
acecycleins
Founding Member

I would bet that the profit margin is higher than you think. It's been 8 yrs since the re-birth. The tooling is paid for and cosmetic changes cost very little. The development of the new Rocket cost them but within 3 yrs that will turn, as well. And since they've seen the light and bailed on the Superbike HP war thay don't have to worry about building that 200mph bike any longer. All they have to do is refine and expensive computing and cheap engineers help that.