Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 11-21-2003, 01:30 PM   #31
burtonsimmons
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph doin' It!

Rumored sport tourer? Like a replacement for the trophy or what?
burtonsimmons is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2003, 01:32 PM   #32
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: More Facts and Data Bush vs. Clinton vs. Reagan

KPaul you poor misbegotten, uninformed would be intellectual, your statement that interest rates under the Bush administration are low only because of the "Federal" Reserve, a group of privately owned banks which has the unconstitutional authority to create money out of thin air, has artificially held interest rates down by inflating the money supply is correct. On the other hand your postulation that the Clinton-Gore administration created 21 million jobs is flat wrong, as it was again the "Federal" Reserve's flooding the economy with "cheap" money that fueled and later burst the dot-com stock market bubble.

What you can't seem to get through that 5 inch thick skull of yours, is that we have suffered through numerous boom and bust cylcles since the advent of the "Fed" in 1913. It doesn't matter one wit if the man occupying the white house is a Republican turd or a Democrat turd, indeed the dot-com bubble burst just prior the Bush taking office.

If you are capable of understanding the ramifications of having the value of our currency (i.e. worthless Federal Reserve notes) controlled by self serving private entities, and wish to educate yourself about Greenspan, go to www.mises.org prior to posting more of your half informed inane prattle. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 02:41 PM   #33
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Concerns about soft consumer spending?

How about concerns that every part, from blinker lenses to pillion seat cowls are backordered from now until Kingdom-come?

I have four friends in my immediate riding group that have had Speed Triples. Three have sold since Summer. (And lost their arses, every one.) Why?

"Great bike, but I can't keep it on the road, because there are no parts."

One of the two Trumpet dealers here in Atlanta still has '01 Sprint RSs for sale. '02 Americas. And so on.

The progression is something like this: you can't get parts for a bike that (despite their claims) does not quite live up to Japanese standards in reliability (speaking generally, your mileage may vary, of course). So people sell, and saturate the used market. And then they begin to be perceived as less-than-desirable because otherwise why would there be so many in the Cycle Trader? And then the factory lowers prices for pretty much the entire lineup, further eroding resale values, and giving folks one more reason to be spooked. It can easily become a downward spiral for Triumph. This is not helped by the fact that the used bike market is still very soft right now. Especially for non-premium brands. And I gotta tell ya kids, I don't think Triumph is really perceived as a premium brand here in the States. Sure, they look somewhat upmarket when sold next to Hondas and Suzukis, but they look soft, unfocused, and unsexy when sold next to Ducati, Moto Guzzi, Aprilia, or next to BMW and H-D for that matter.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:52 PM   #34
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default Re: Love the new big Daytona

Hard to get more productivity from your employees when they walk out every time you suggest it. Instead, more money, better benefits and fatter pensions for shorter work weeks and more time off are the major products "generated" by said employees. I'd offshore as much of the manufacturing process as I could reasonably keep control over too.

Shoot, KPAul, Why don't the Japanese feel the need to export all their jobs? (Notwithstanding the plant in Marysville, OH, that was a bow to political pressure.) Because their workers consider their productivity a big measure of their personal worth, and a distinct reflection on their family's reputation. Our factory workers decided a long time ago that easy money was better than stand-up, gentlemanly behaviour.

There, that ought to stir the pot a bit.
Old 11-22-2003, 05:58 AM   #35
manayunktriumph
Founding Member

First off I have to ask,did your friends deal with a dedicated Triumph dealer?Or was it a multi-line dealer?My guess is that it was a multi-line that doesn't order frequently,or waits until he has a large order.We order parts weekly ,and usually have them in a few days.Backorders are not that common.Triumph is very expedient.

As for reliability, I think Triumph is doing very well overall with low warranty claims ,and quick service on the ones that do arise.

Unsexy?Please...H-D is H-D.Ducati,sure they're hot....and slightly costlier.Aprilia's doing well but are a little overdone in styling.Guzzi and BMW,quirky bikes for quirky people.Triumph fits in a nice niche in the market that just compliments all these others.
manayunktriumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 06:06 AM   #36
seruzawa
The Toad

I know there are shrieking deals on Thunderbirds 'cause they don't sell and they're being dropped next year. They are nice. But the power is down from the Speed Triple and I'm more in the market for a hooligan since I've already got the shaft drive Suzuki Boat Anchor GSX1100G.

Anyhow whenever I go by the Triumph dealer a little voice in my head says "Speed Triple.. Speed Triple.. Speed Triple.

It must be obeyed.
Old 11-22-2003, 06:10 AM   #37
seruzawa
The Toad

If you ever see a guy wobbling down the road lugging his Ninja 600's engine below 6000 rpm and dragging his feet to keep from falling over I have a LAW rocket you can use.......
Old 11-22-2003, 05:42 PM   #38
ikonoklass
Founding Member

Agree. I bought my '02 Sprint ST in April. It had a bad fuel sender unit which would have been covered under warranty, but the previous owner never had it done. Brought it to Erico here in Denver for its 12,000 mile service, and they replaced it for free. On a bike I didn't even BUY from them! I do understand the issues with the multi-line dealers, though. Triumph was originally sold by Fay Myers out here, a huge multi-line dealer. Triumph dumped them and gave the business to Erico. Then Erico added Guzzi and Ducati, which prompted Triumph to add a second dealer out here, Foothills BMW. Based on my experience, I would definitely own another. The best part about it is, it hasn't been around long enough to have any kind of rider reputation to it. You can just ride without people assuming you're a tough guy/dentist, as with Harley, or an effete BMW snob, or a squid on a rice burner. It's most refreshing.
Old 11-23-2003, 05:37 AM   #39
sarnali
Founding Member

Well of course you have to listen to the voices

Looks like a Speed Triple for you my friend.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 05:41 AM   #40
sarnali
Founding Member

Is he the guy with all the magazines in his tank bag? No wonder he can't ride for ****
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote