Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 11-21-2003, 04:57 AM   #21
manayunktriumph
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph doin' It!

we can make your trip worth it!

manayunktriumph is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2003, 05:20 AM   #22
pushrod
Founding Member

More than eight years. They were back in the biz in England in '91, I think. And don't forget that insurance has bought them a brand-new factory.

Triumph has been doing what several others are with their multi-platform engineering. The 955i motor is used in four bikes (Daytona in a different tune), the Twin is in several different bikes. This saves a bunch of bux (ok, pounds). Also, it seems that most models are on an extended life cycle, compared to the Japanese bikes. For instance, the '04 Sprint ST is pretty much unchanged from the '99. Sure, there was an engine upgrade in '02, but there hasn't been a whole lot of money spent on design for several years. I'd imagine they've been spending a ton on the 600's though.

Such practices are for economy, and can be viewed as either good or bad, depending on whether you like the design. Looking at the latest designs coming out, I'm a little worried what the next ST is going to look like.

As far as reliability, I'm on my second ST ('00, '03); both of them and my buddys' '00 Speed Triple have been as dependable as hammers (touch wood).

And I gotta tell ya, it makes my hair stand on end when that triple hits 6500 rpm and starts to howl (off-road pipe, of course).

Lastly, I just saw the '04 Triumph (and Suzuki) British price list (on MCN) and the Rocket is estimated to cost 13K pounds!

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 05:40 AM   #23
SRMark
Founding Member

A key strategy for many companies is to first build market share, then build profitability. Looks like that may be the case with Triumph. I wish them the best and applaud them on their aggressive product line.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 06:03 AM   #24
ikonoklass
Founding Member

That's still more than a VFR (less the bags). Wonder how much profit the Japanese are making?
Old 11-21-2003, 06:10 AM   #25
ikonoklass
Founding Member

Love my '00 ST. I'm a shoe-in for the forthcoming, as-yet-just-a-rumor sport tourer, but I really am in love with the triple. Less than a month until the motorcycle show rolls into town...
Old 11-21-2003, 07:03 AM   #26
KPaulCook
Banned

Default I am a McCain Republican. How can they do this?

You must in the health care business then. The only reason that the interest rates are low is because of Greenspan. But in the future they willl be higher. Come back when you read and take some Econ classes. Your prosperity is only short-term. Kind of like when your wife goes out and buy alot stuff on a credit card. Temporarily things are good but wait for the bill. I can't believe that a Republican controlled congress and president is doing this
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 07:42 AM   #27
KPaulCook
Banned

Default More Facts and Data Bush vs. Clinton vs. Reagan

" 21.6 Million New Jobs Created Under the Clinton-Gore Administration. Since January 1993, the economy has added 21.6 million new jobs.ThatÂ’s the most jobs ever created under a single Administration -- and more new jobs than Presidents Reagan and Bush created during their three terms. Under President Clinton, the economy has added an average of 248,000 jobs per month, the highest of any President on record. This compares to 52,000 per month under President Bush and 167,000 per month under President Reagan. "

http://clinton4.nara.gov/WH/New/html/20000505_1.html
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 09:06 AM   #28
sarnali
Founding Member

I just turned 10.5k since June. Nothings fell off but right after I got it I filled my garden sprayer with loctite and hosed the bike down pretty good so it'll probably be ok!

Speed Triples are pretty cool, Have you checked out the Thunderbird Sport? it's got the 3 cyl howl, triple disc's and pretty decent seat and bars. The only downside is it runs spoke wheels so that means inny-tubes but it's still got radials.

One of the local shops has an orange and white '01 or '02 with a small ****pit fairing, Napolean bar ends, some Dunstal looking pipes and a solo seat/cowl with 6 k miles for $5500. One seriously fine looking bike, I'll tell ya'

I don't think you'd be dissapointed with any Triumph these days, Mr. Bloor and Co. have done a good job.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 09:14 AM   #29
sarnali
Founding Member

I don't know where you live, but here in the Seattle -Tacoma area they don't sit on the show room long.

Must be alot of Anglo-philes here because I see lots of Land Rovers, Jags and Mini's out and about
Old 11-21-2003, 09:17 AM   #30
sarnali
Founding Member

15 days and counting. I love my Trophy, the Thruxton or a TBS is next on the list.