Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 11-20-2003, 01:45 PM   #11
manayunktriumph
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph doin' It!

hey guys, there is Triumph dealership right under your nose. Manayunk Triumph is one of the few exclusive Triumph dealers in the nation. We have demos of almost every model (to ride, not just look at). CHeck us out. 4026 Main St, Philadelphia, PA
manayunktriumph is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2003, 01:45 PM   #12
nomad76
Founding Member

Oh wait, in Port Clinton? That's a bit out of my way. Manayunk Triumph is much more doable. They're a part of Triumph's recent growth spurt, being only a year old.
nomad76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 02:16 PM   #13
SpongeBOB
Founding Member

are they cooking the book?

sure, they sold tons of units, to the dealers at least.

why do I see so many triumphs sitting in the show room?
SpongeBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 02:17 PM   #14
banksideusa
Founding Member

Hey I saw one up in the poconos in the summer, I almost turned around and chased after it.
banksideusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 02:43 PM   #15
nomad76
Founding Member

Gimme a deal and I might make the trip from Old City!
nomad76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 03:19 PM   #16
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Are budget deficits bad?

"Are deficits bad?

Persistently large deficits can be bad for the economy since they can lead to higher long-term interest rates and can depress national savings. In addition, large debt amounts can lead the economy down an unsustainable path. Each of these effects could harm the economy. Furthermore, deficits simply push off the burden to future generations. This is particularly troubling with the coming retirement of the baby boomer generation.

However, deficits do allow the government to finance vital national priorities, and can buffer the effects of economic fluctuations. The current level of deficits will hopefully prove to be, in OMB director BoltenÂ’s words, "manageable." However, the persistence and the magnitude of the deficits, especially considering current and future needs that are going unmet, as well as the unprecedented dive from surplus to deficits, are a sign that the current administration is not acting in a responsible manner on tax and budget issues" see attached article for more.

Bush is evil
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 06:42 PM   #17
Orangetrak
Registered Member

Default Why is this posted here?

My company has posted 28 straight same period increases, my profit sharing is through the roof, my 401k is doing great, the interest rate on my house is lower than my parents had, and Bush is giving me back more of my ( own ) tax money instaed of having it go to saps like you. O.K., so the deficit is huge. Just means we need to cut a truckload of government spending, starting with your paycheck at the DMV. Thanks for the relevent post.
Orangetrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 07:26 PM   #18
sarnali
Founding Member

That engine is going to be in the next gen. Trophy in a year or two.

Triumph isn't going to waste all the money they spent developing that engine to just let it go

Granted it won't be a 200mph superbike but a good handling fast sport tourer is on the way. I guess they realized the sport tourer market is a whole lot bigger than the XX, Hayabusa, ZZR market.

As an aside I found out today that my Trophy is a good snow bike, Got caught in about 3 inchs of wet snow/ slush on the way home from work, Not much fun but we made it.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 03:25 AM   #19
sanchin
Registered Member

I'm glad Triumph is doing well since competition will result in better products and prices for all of us. My big gripe is the lack of dealers. I love their bikes, but there is only 1 dealer within 50 miles of my home and it is 100+ miles from where I do most of my riding. If I have a breakdown, I'm in big trouble. Expand your dealer network and I'll buy a Triumph.
sanchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 04:36 AM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

How many miles you got on yer Trumpet so far? Glad you're still pleased with your purchase. Not too many parts have fallen off then, huh?

Gonna be in the market for a Speed Triple myself next fall. I've flirted with buying a Buell or an SV1000, but that Speed Triple just sings to me every time I see one.