Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 11-14-2003, 06:49 AM   #21
pushrod
Founding Member

Default Ah, So!

Thanks for the link, davyt! I had found the same news release on motorsports network.

It's probably a transparent change, whoever takes on the job. Bloor owns the company, and he is very involved in every detail of company ops. I've asked Corporate Lumps if they can do this or the that- y'know, in response to what the Yanks want- and they all say that if the Boss doesn't want it, it ain't happening.

It seems all the US personnel do is divvie up the bikes, as they take them out of the containers, to the different dealers.

I don't know if you have had the same experience, but the folks at the show (Atlanta, in my case) are pretty clueless about the bikes.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2003, 06:58 AM   #22
ikonoklass
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Triumph Daytona 955i

It's too bad they don't offer a Union Jack paint job, like on the 600. Can't wait for the motorcycle show to hit Denver next month. Any reason to buy tickets in advance, as opposed to at the door?
Old 11-14-2003, 07:05 AM   #23
davyt
Founding Member

Default Re: Ah, So!

I can't say I'm privy to how Vaughan's departure will affect U.S. operations but I do know he was well thought of in the industry.

What's worse, the local (Watsonville, CA) dealership has dropped the Triumph line so the closest dealer is now about fifty miles away and over the hill in Silicon Valley.

And, yeah, I didn't get any more info from the workers at the booth...

davyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 07:22 AM   #24
ikonoklass
Founding Member

Default Pix

http://www.hapscycle.com/NewVehicles...aytona955i.htm
Old 11-14-2003, 08:23 AM   #25
sarnali
Founding Member

me too, me too
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 09:50 AM   #26
schizuki
Founding Member

Is the Union Jack paint job a factory option? I thought it was just on the ValMoto race bikes.

(I'd look at the Triumph website, except it's not accessible from my WebTV.)

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 10:07 AM   #27
schizuki
Founding Member

Bleh.

It looks like Triumph's stylists realized they went too far with the 600's X-Treme Origami styling, so they put the bodywork in an industrial steam press to iron out the creases and came out with this.

The 595 was beautiful. The first-gen 955 sharpened the lines without really improving upon them. This new 955 is just dull.

Triumph has been disappointing lately. The Daytona 600 is cartoonish, the Thruxton is great except they forgot 1/3rd of the brakes, and the Rocket 3 monstrosity may well kill them. I'm not optimistic about the next Sprint ST.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 12:24 PM   #28
Mooner
Founding Member

Default Re: Old guys

Let me know when they provide extra underseat storage for my arthritis medication
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 02:23 PM   #29
ikonoklass
Founding Member

Yeah, I love the styling of my 2000 Sprint, but the Daytona 600 is marginal. It's not so much that it's bad, but rather that there's nothing about it that says "British." The Thruxton's a beauty, though, and the R3 will sell well, if for no other reason that given Triumph's small size, they don't have to sell very many in order for it to be a resounding success overall.
Old 11-14-2003, 04:55 PM   #30
chi_red
Founding Member

Default How about a retro looking 955cc Triple?

Speed Triple is still the best bike from Triumph. With a killer look and performance, it is one of the best nakeds around.

How about making a retro looking bike with a triple engine? Ducati does it, why not Triumph?
chi_red is offline   Reply With Quote