Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 09-19-2003, 08:19 AM   #21
Gabe
Registered Member

Default I've seen them in person.

It's a super nice ride. Yes, it has isolastics, plus a lot of improvements that make this a pretty nice, reliable daily rider. The factory is in Oregon.

http://www.nortonamerica.com/

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2003, 08:28 AM   #22
ValknMag
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph Thruxton Cafe Racer

It's happening. Columbus, OH : Fatboys in the paper for $13 k; last year they were no lower than $17k. I'm not hip on Harley nomenclature, but there was a <3 year old non-Sporty (FXDX maybe?) for $9500. I'm sorry people are going to take a bath who paid $18k for a used bike and expected to sell them for the same, but that's Supply and Demand for you.

ValknMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 08:42 AM   #23
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: I've seen them in person.

Thanks for the link. Now if they could just get the price down to around 12 grand...
Old 09-19-2003, 08:54 AM   #24
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Hardlys

I use to break-in Harleys for a rental place in Compton Ca. (Moturis). They offered up Dynaglides and New Heritage Softails as sacrifices to the public. Dan Schneider, Pres. of Moturis, said they kept the Harleys for about 10 thousand miles, then pawned them off on unsuspecting souls for top $$$ (before they blew up). Also, they purchased the Harleys from Switzerland (?). I know, I'm the Customs Broker that imported them. Got 'em in free of duty, American Goods Returned. Ha ha.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:23 AM   #25
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: used market

Have you noticed how many of the HD's you see on the road are 100 year models? Up here almost every one you see is new. Theres either a lot of newbies or a lot of trade-ins out there now. Maybe Buzz can pick up a used Wheezer-Glide for a parts bike. If all the pent-up demand for HD was satisfied with the new sales on 100 year models next year may see a down turn for Harley

Which is moot anyway because this new Thruxton should kick the ***** out of any "traditional " styled bike on the road. Thats exactly what I was trying to build, without much luck or money when I was a teenager. I love that '60's cafe` style, always have. When everyone was trying to build choppers, I was turning the bars upside down and putting my feet on the back pegs, now I can buy one off the showroom, how cool is that!
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 09:30 AM   #26
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: I've seen them in person.

Did you ride one or did you just hear about it? I'm not being rude I just didn't know if any where out there to see.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 09:43 AM   #27
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

This bike reminds me of the 72 Bonnie street tracker I built when I was 18. All this one needs is a big bore, cam, head work, bigger carbs, and TT pipes and away we go! Wheelie Heaven!
Old 09-19-2003, 10:01 AM   #28
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Hardlys

Lord only knows how you broke them in. Full throttle runs?

I've owned two and they have been totally reliable although my Geezer Glide is still a little too new to make that claim. I put 35,000 on my Evo Low Rider with nothing more than oil changes and tires.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 10:03 AM   #29
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Maybe they can have some fake, non-toxic oil leak out the bottom and perhaps have the electrical system shut down every now and then for true authenticity.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 10:10 AM   #30
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Sense of humor in full play.

I didn't know that Harley-Davidson isn't a motorcycle company!

I've got to go now. I've got to get my swastika on an go goosestepping with my Republican buddies.