Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 08-20-2003, 07:05 AM   #41
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Re: New Triumphs

Good point cap'n but I didn't sell my Valkyrie Tourer to get the RoadKing because I thought the Valk was ugly. Far from it. I thought the Valk was a beautiful and unique bike and my dealer had a hard time finding one for me because he couldn't keep the things on the floor. No, I sold it because I got too many tickets, went through rear tires at 3,000 miles and the gas milage suc'd.

It may not be the ride for everybody but ugly is in the eye of the beholder.
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-20-2003, 07:10 AM   #42
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph Rocket III

LOL!!! Couldn't agree more.
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 07:13 AM   #43
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I seriously doubt there will be a line at the Triumph dealer's door for one of these. I'm sure you will be able to buy as many of them as your wallet, and eyes can stand.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:49 AM   #44
seruzawa
The Toad

While your argument appears logical.. and I agree 1000% about European style cruisers (lord that BMW is a silly looking thing)... you can't deny that BMW is selling a sh!tpot full of those ugly cruisers. Heck they've got 4 different iterations of the 1200C.

Much as I may hate to admit it I think Triumph will sell every one of those things that they can ship over here. It'll be like having a Boss Hoss with a real dealer network. People already plunk down 17K for Harleys with springer forks and much more than that for GoldWings and K1200LT's and those stupid Indian Harleys.

Ugly sells. How else can you explain so many Ford Explorers and Lincoln Navigators.. or Hummers for that matter?

Old 08-20-2003, 07:57 AM   #45
MrDeadeye
Founding Member

I think Triumph is short sighted with that 17K price. The Triumph name doesn't have THAT MUCH value. OK, the motor is big, but it's not made of titanium and carbon fiber. I think they would be much better off selling it under 13K.

If they promised to make it a limited edition, or put ABS and custom shield & bags, I could see 17K.
MrDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 08:01 AM   #46
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Yes, 1st cruiser Virago 1100, current cruiser is a V-max. Most rode bike-Concours-that's right Concours.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:03 AM   #47
VAX
Founding Member

Quote:

If you understood anything about cruisers you would know this. Style is king in this game, hp is not.

This is the perfect explanation . Cruisers are worthless crap.

VAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 08:09 AM   #48
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Bet part of you really misses that Valk. I have a V-max and I know what you mean about going through tires. When you have all that real power so quickly available that throttle just seems to twist on it's own.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:19 AM   #49
theDuke
Founding Member

Default Re: New Triumphs and Pricing

I agree that Triumph's pricing is all out of whack. I've been interested in the Bonneville (not the America... yuck) but can't quite get my arms around their pricing. It's a nice bike, promises to be well built, and in my opinion looks good, but at $8k, there are many other options out there.

Also their dealer network is woefully lacking. Here in the Bay area, Triumph dealers have been closing down and there aren't any convenient to my home any longer.
theDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 08:38 AM   #50
anrajala
Founding Member

Well even if Triumphs heritage would be cafe racers, why on earth they should stick to it?

Its like hey, I have always had vanilla ice cream thats why I never try cranberry-oreole-flavor. More boring the better huh

-curiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote