Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 08-19-2003, 02:05 PM   #11
waepoint
Founding Member

Default Re: New Triumphs

Well, it's ... erm, different ...
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2003, 02:18 PM   #12
Tigercub
Founding Member

Looks to me like Triumph isn't playing the,"let's all introduce the same motorcycle at the same time, so we can all stay in business together" game the way the Japanese do. That, and not blaming the customer when something goes wrong. It's a nice change after 30 years.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 02:22 PM   #13
Tigercub
Founding Member

The styling is critical on the Thruxton. Those bikes were custom made and each was a little different depending on what the owner likes. It needs to have neutral styling and be flexible to customizing. I ws hoping to see the Bonneville made that way, but was disappointed when it came out. Plus it was a good 50lbs overweight.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 02:53 PM   #14
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

"Looks to me like Triumph isn't playing the,"let's all introduce the same motorcycle at the same time, so we can all stay in business together" game the way the Japanese do."

Huh? Why would any of the Japanese want their competitors to stay in business? And since when do they all introduce all their products at the same time? And since when are they all making the same motorcycle?
Old 08-19-2003, 02:53 PM   #15
SmokeU
Registered Member

Those are Metzeler ME 880's on there. And yes, they come in a 250 size.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:05 PM   #16
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Yeah, How dare they make another non V-twin!!! Why thats what a cool MC is suppose to look like! And...the dumb bike will make real power right out of the box. They can't do that!!!! You are supposed to buy the bike, then buy the pipes, then buy the jet kit, then try and rejet, then take it for a dyno tune, then get a bigger carb, then rejet, redyno tune, then have that Valkerie each your lunch, swear at it, then get online and see how much more can be done with a few thousand more. Damn bikes aren't suppose to be powerful util you pay,pay,pay. and take pleasure with a whole 73 H.P. Weee!!! Want these bike mfg. ever figure out what we like?
Old 08-19-2003, 03:56 PM   #17
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

You missed my point. The point is that no one will buy a fast, ugly multi-cylinder cruiser, because it is ugly. It doesn't matter how fast it is- you could give this bike (or the Rune) 400hp and people still wouldn't buy it. If you understood anything about cruisers you would know this. Style is king in this game, hp is not.
Old 08-19-2003, 04:20 PM   #18
F451
Founding Member

Default Triumph Rocket III

For all the naysayer's that the Rocket looks ugly, please remember that most Harley's are pretty basic until customized and we haven't seen a Rocket customized. However, with a zero-to-sixty in only 2.3 seconds perhaps no one ever will. Factory insiders say they have pulled two hundred horsepower out of it; it will be sold with one hundred and forty horsepower out-the-door. Throw some Performance Machine wheels and controls on this pup; a Headwinds headlight(s); lower it a bit; trick out the license plate and turn signals; add pullback risers different handlebars and you've got a nice custom.

Hats off to Triumph for breaking the mold in a unique way and all the success in the world. I hate to say it, but maybe we are seeing a downward trend in Harley's, there is going to be way too much competition being unleashed this coming year. And yes, I love Harley's.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 05:42 PM   #19
DaveFla
Founding Member

Default What's wrong with the Rune???

Geez, man, I admint the exhausts are a little over the top, but are you picky or something? The Rune looks like it ALREADY has 400 HP...</p>

I notice that Honda hasn't said how many lb-ft it actually puts out. Anybody wanna bet against it in the stump pull?</p>
DaveFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 05:57 PM   #20
Benji155
Founding Member

I can't remember how many issues ago it was, but I saw a picture in Motorcyclist of what the new Sprint was supposed to look like. Could have been a generated pic, but man, it was easily one of the best looking bikes I've seen in awhile. I guess Triumph is waiting to launch it or it was invented out of the minds of the evil Butcher and his minions.
Benji155 is offline   Reply With Quote