Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 06-05-2003, 03:04 AM   #1
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph for Triumph

My English heart is swollen with pride.
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2003, 03:05 AM   #2
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Triumph!
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 03:11 AM   #3
triumph900
Founding Member

Phase 1: Win something.......!

Good work Triumph.
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 03:17 AM   #4
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Way to go Triumph. I was visiting our

Omaha, NE Triumph dealer which has been around for maybe 6 months. Breeze's Triumph. I don't care for the looks of any their cruizers but the 600 Speed 4 is a bike that I'd love to take out for a spin. I sat on it and it looks like it is all very top quality. I even think he said that Triumph was offering a $1000 rebate on them. Also, they have some 2000 cc moster cruiser inline 3 coming down the pike. That sounds interesting.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 03:36 AM   #5
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

This is so great for Triumph! I can't wait to see the coverage tonight on Speed.

The only Triumphs I've ridden are the Speed Triple and the Adventure. The front brakes were so good on the Triple they scared me. Of course the only bikes I'd ridden up to then were metric cruisers and standards.

I hope the Daytona helps to keep Triumph going for a long time. With a success like the TT it looks like they're off to a good start.
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 03:52 AM   #6
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

I felt the same way about their cruisers, eg, but it didn't stop me from taking a demo ride. It didn't take long for me to get very happy on the back of one.

They're different that's for sure but I like them better than the Sportster. They're narrow, light, nice lean angle and a tank that seems to go on forever without making me lean to far forward to reach the grips. I really liked it.

What is it about the T-Bird/T-Bird Sport (or any of the triples in the classic line) you don't like? Not asking about the Bonneville line as I'm not a fan of them. I think the twin is a little lame. Too much fake stuff on 'em. I'm just curious what it is about the looks you don't like.

Thanks,

D

TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 04:21 AM   #7
SilverBullet
Founding Member

"Also, they have some 2000 cc moster cruiser inline 3 coming down the pike"

Make that a 2200 cc triple.
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 04:25 AM   #8
biker_911
Registered Member

Way to go Triumph. It's nice to see a bike other than the Japanese foursome win something. I've been a big fan of Triumph since purchasing a 2000 Sprint ST. I now have 23,500 miles on it, and it's been stone reliable. I still get people that stop me at gas stations, etc. and tell me what a great looking bike it is.
biker_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 05:35 AM   #9
rsheidler
Founding Member

Good showing, guys! They have has some pretty respectable showings in the BSB SuperSport series, and this win should give them the confidence boost.

I hear rumors that they may take on AMA SuperSport in 2004. From the early reports, the Daytona TT should be pretty evenly matched with the Japanese 600s in showroom stock form, so perhaps if they can find the right team, they can make a race of it.

Gotta give em credit for taking on the "Big 4" head on in their most competitive class. Nobody else has had the balls to do that (or is it that they are too business-smart to try that?).

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 05:57 AM   #10
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Triumph teaches Harley a lesson in persistence and courage.

So much for those folks who said they couldn't compete with the big Four eh longride. By the way bout time you posted this i.e. I submitted it early yesterday. Leave it to the Brits to show Harley-Buell that it can be done. What is more amazing is that Triumph came back from nothing to do it. Triumph's hard work and courage should be admired by all. Triumph has a complete line of bikes unlike Harley's niche market (i.e. American white males over 40).
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote