Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 11-17-2002, 04:59 AM   #31
cycleguy26
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Triumph Daytona 600

First ever post.

I think Triumph has done an excellent job of listening to what was wanted in the market. Everyone complained that the TT600 wasn't like the Gixxer/YZF/ZX/CBR's that dominate our roadways. And now they've given a virtual clone and everyone *****es about it, when it's exactly what they were asking for. I've rode for a few years now and go on group rides and such, so I am a little familiar with the bike market. NO ONE can come close to the Japanese when it comes to sheer performance, price, and reliability. That's why they're everywhere. On the other end of the spectrum, you have Ducati, Aprillia, MV Augusta, and such. Triumph's niche isn't exactly producing triples and replicas of older bikes(Bonneville). They fall directly between the ultra-value of the Japanese camp and the ultra-exclusivity of the Italian camp. And they have a product line that compares with the Japanese.....something for everyone. So, if you want a good looking, well built bike that will perform without having to ride what all your neighbors ride, and without having to spend as much as on your wife's Suburban, take a look at Triumph.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2002, 05:45 AM   #32
seruzawa
The Toad

Someone always has to bring up the "Prince of Darkness"......

Do you know why the British drink warm beer?

They have Lucas refrigerators.

Old 11-17-2002, 12:18 PM   #33
El_Flaco
Founding Member

You know what the only thing that Lucas makes that DOESN'T suck??

Their vacuum cleaners!

*rimshot*
Old 11-18-2002, 05:37 AM   #34
dave_arkle
Founding Member

You should ride one before casting aspersions. I have ridden a 2002 TT, and it was definitely on par w/ a pre- FI F4, IMHO. I know this isn't exactly up-to-to-snuff, but to say that the current bike isn't any better than a 10+ yr old F2 is ridiculous.

All of that said, I'm having trouble convincing myself that the bike will be up to the task of going toe-to-toe w/ the latest Nipponese stuff..maybe someday...
Old 11-18-2002, 07:46 AM   #35
TheFox
Founding Member

Default More Brit craftsmanship jokes.

Why don't the British make computers?

Because they couldn't figure out a way for them to leak oil.

--Foxy

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 08:16 AM   #36
Lobotomy_Boy
Founding Member

Very funny. I'm impressed.
Lobotomy_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 09:42 AM   #37
dlinder
Founding Member

Some of you might not have kids, or pay much attention to what they watch, but if you did you would see that...

That thing IS Pikachu...

The resemblance is soo close it's crazy. That couldn't have been on purpose, could it? Well it does look like the happiest motorcycle out there...
dlinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 09:42 AM   #38
dlinder
Founding Member

Some of you might not have kids, or pay much attention to what they watch, but if you did you would see that...

That thing IS Pikachu...

The resemblance is soo close it's crazy. That couldn't have been on purpose, could it? Well it does look like the happiest motorcycle out there...
dlinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 01:20 PM   #39
jmeyn
Founding Member

I used to get twice the life out of my MGs' Lucas fuel pump by simply turning the contact points upside down. That's about a year instead of six months.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 06:37 PM   #40
dbesto
Founding Member

I've got a ZX6R that's given me almost zero problems in 5 years and 27000 miles. It's even got the original battery. Having said that, Kawasaki could've done a better job on the fit and finish; the paint is thin, they didn't paint the inside of the fairing, and the plastic itself seems a bit thin and flimsy. If triumph has put more effort into the fit and finish I'd consider paying a little bit more for one next purchase. Otherwise I'll stick with a japanese bike.
dbesto is offline   Reply With Quote