Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 09-19-2002, 04:24 PM   #31
00SprintRS
Founding Member

Default Limited Eddition '02 models

The Red "CE" Dayton's that appeared this year was actually a mock up of the '03. Triumph released these bikes (6 of um to the US, maybe 20 worldwide) for sale after the fire in an attempt to help dealers out and to keep up with the production numbers that should have come out.

Note that the Red Daytona's had none of the CE badging that signified all of the Centenial Eddition models.

Along with the Red Daytona there were a similar number of roulette green speed triples, which has also become a stock color for '03.

00SprintRS
00SprintRS is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2002, 07:15 PM   #32
neoyetif2
Founding Member

Default Re: News From Across the Pond: 2003 Triumphs

Aggggghhhhhhhh! I am having flashbacks to A&P Class! That and Greg Focker in "Meet the Parents" talking about being able to milk anything with nipples.

I am also a nurse -- who rides a sportbike (gasp!!!).

Stormcloud where do you work?
neoyetif2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 08:36 PM   #33
sarnali
Founding Member

howcome you can tuna piano, but you can't play a fish?[to paraphrase little feat],,,www. mcn.uk.com has a few little pictures of the T-bird, and a blurb about them, it's a pretty good web site, [not as good as MO, of course] I still think the speed triple rocks.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 03:25 AM   #34
stormcloud
Founding Member

In a hospice, in Victoria Australia. Used to work in Oncology, surprisingly different in palliative care..

It's a good way to keep a reality check on life etc. I ride a VTR1000F - just got back from a 500km ride on a huge high.

What about you?
stormcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 03:28 AM   #35
stormcloud
Founding Member

Default Re: Limited Eddition '02 models

Australia has just been allocated 10 of these roulette green numbers. Very tasty.
stormcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 06:47 AM   #36
Lobotomy_Boy
Founding Member

Default Re: Was the TT a success? Was the Millie a success?

Five years ago Aprilia wasn't in the sportbike business, and Triumph was. Now Aprilia builds a superbike that spanks Triumph's Daytona.

I don't see why you are comparing Triumph to Aprilia, except to show yet another way in which Triumph failed.
Lobotomy_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 11:05 AM   #37
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Never say never for Triumph

The bike was only slightly more expensive. The FI was bad but the bike handling on par with the big 4 600s. I know I demoed one. Triumph can compete given time. Their bikes are origninal and use the latest technology unlike your favorite bike maker.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 11:06 AM   #38
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Never say never for Triumph

The bike was only slightly more expensive. The FI was bad but the bike handling on par with the big 4 600s. I know I demoed one. Triumph can compete given time. Their bikes are origninal and use the latest technology unlike your favorite bike maker.
Old 09-20-2002, 01:08 PM   #39
KPaulCook
Banned

Default The numbers say TT was a good performer

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/performancedata/
Old 09-20-2002, 06:30 PM   #40
neoyetif2
Founding Member

I work on a Telemetry/Surgical floor in Dever, Colorado. I actually work with 2 nurses who have recently moved here from Australia. Nice people.

I ride a CBR600F2. Every once in awhile some doctor or nurse will give me a hard time for riding a "donor cycle". Is that how it is in Australia?
neoyetif2 is offline   Reply With Quote