Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 09-19-2002, 01:32 AM   #21
stormcloud
Founding Member

Default Re: News From Across the Pond: 2003 Triumphs

To torment women - we get some of the good bits, but not the bits with all the hassles.....

Do you seriously want to know?... (I'm a nurse)
stormcloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2002, 05:03 AM   #22
triumph900
Founding Member

I too wish them well. At least they are TRYING to compete with Japan. Seems like US and European companies are unable/unwilling to compete, and ARE focusing on niches to avoid competition. Why? Who knows. It's a damn aggravating situation. I don't want to be forced to buy a Japanese bike to ride a competent sportbike, and a reasonable cost. Ducati makes nice sportbikes (999), but they cost twice what a Japanese bike cost, and almost twice what a Daytona costs. I say good on Triumph for competeing. They've only been at this for +/- 13 years, so t's going to take them a while to catch up, but I think they will be able to stand toe-to-toe with Japan Inc. within a very few years! Let's hope HD funds Buell enough to allow them tho REALLY compete also!
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 05:05 AM   #23
mconlon
Founding Member

Aye, I'll second the call for a factory cafe bonneville, rather than a warmed over sport-cruiser America derivative...
mconlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 05:07 AM   #24
triumph900
Founding Member

Each model has at least 4 or 5 shots, which CAN be enlarged just by clicking on them!
Old 09-19-2002, 05:09 AM   #25
triumph900
Founding Member

YES! In detail!!
Old 09-19-2002, 06:27 AM   #26
Lobotomy_Boy
Founding Member

Default Re: Don't worry Triumph has deep pockets.

So the 600TT was a success in your book, Cook? Obviously finances don't equate into your particular formula. The TT was a sales disaster, and Triumph lost its ass on that model. That means Bloor lost his ass. From everything I've read, it seems like Bloor might be at least contemplating cutting his losses and pulling the plug on Triumph. In one interview this year, he said he'd pumped over $100 million into Triumph, and had yet to see any return on his investment. He estimated that Triumph's break-even point was going to take at least five years longer than he had originally predicted.

$100 million is real money, regardless of how rich Bloor is. Triumph had better start turning a profit soon or the Bloor fountain of cash is going to dry up.

Anyone know where Bloor was the night of the big fire?
Lobotomy_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 10:44 AM   #27
drthompson65
Founding Member

Default Anyone notice the new 955i?

Has anyone else noticed the 955i now is back to a single side arm? I need a more comfortable sportbike. Love the GSXR1000 but don't attempt to commute on it.

PS 02 Gixxer 1k for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1860203115

would love to see it go to a good home..
2004 Ducati 999 Mono Yellow (Wrecked May 06)
2006 Ducati 999S Mono Black (Replaced Wife June 06)

1972-2000 A collection of mini, dirt, and road bikes to vast too list..
drthompson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 11:33 AM   #28
stormcloud
Founding Member

You may not want to know once you find out......

WARNING : THIS IS OFF TOPIC

ALL embrio's grow as FEMALE foetus' for the first 9 weeks or so in the womb. All are identical to this stage. i.e. initial formtion of breasts, vagina

Then a burst of testosterone causes the growth of breasts to stop (leaving nipples though)and what would have become a clitoris grows into a penis (they still function similarly in adults !).

Hope this doesnt make you feel uncomfortable.

Next time someone calls you a girl..................

stormcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 12:57 PM   #29
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Was the TT a success? Was the Millie a success?

Technically for its first try at competing against the likes of Honda, I think they did well. You are right sales probably were not what they wanted. However, everyone has to start somewhere. Ask Aprillia. 10 years ago they didn't make superbikes now look at them.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 02:18 PM   #30
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Was the TT a success? Was the Millie a success?

Technically, the bike sucked. It was slower, more expensive than any Japanese 600, and the FI was horrible. Aprillia makes bikes that compete with the best available. Triumph didn't do that. They will never compete well in a market that demands a complete makeover every 2 years. They are already working on the last generation 600 right now. Of course, every mfg. is a success to you, except the one that can't make enough to meet demand, have waiting lists for their product, and regularly sell bikes for thousands over list price. We all know who THAT terribly unsuccesful mfg. is, right?