Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 03-18-2002, 09:20 AM   #11
Poser
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph factory destroyed by fire

I ride a Triumph- this news made me more than just a little concerned! Finding that it affected an assembly area and that they are cleaning up and getting back to normal makes me feel better.

They seem very serious about competing in the industry, and they say they are serious about keeping going. I hope they had good insurance.
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2002, 01:33 PM   #12
mandrake_the_mollusk
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph factory destroyed by fire

I wasn't born yesterday and realize that all motorcycles contain parts outsourced in other countries, BUT a Triumph put together anywhere other than Britain would be like a Harley that wasn't built in the USA. It just wouldn't be the same (yes I know some smart*ss is going to say of course it wouldn't, it'd be better, but you know what I mean).
mandrake_the_mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 07:02 AM   #13
luvmyvfr
Founding Member

Default I'm beginning to H. A. TE the media

I feel a rant coming on...

Is anyone else sick of TV and newspapers and online media hyping the "Big Duh" story, and all other stories well beyond what they should be (and hopefully MO won't do this again)? Someone wrote into the Seattle times, complaining of local weather reporting and stated, "I believe I just watched the huge, professional staff of a major NBC affiliate inform me that it was (1) dark (2) raining (3) windy."

I see this every day when I try to access the American news media. I H. A. TE IT (I feel another rant coming on. Since when is that word sensored? Are people not allowed to feel passionately in a negative way about something that is opressive and wrong? Should I write that I find it odious? repulsive? That I detest it? Despise or disrelish it? That I have a disaffection for it? An animosity? I feel malevolence, malice, contentiousness, dislike and acrimony towards it? That I take umbrage at it? I abhor and abominate, loathe and execrate it? That I find it invidious, insulting and irritating? Is there some reason I shouldn't H. A. TE something? Is that against a law? Do you think I'm going to commit a crime against the media conglomerates for giving me stupid person news? Do you think if I post that word, that a bunch of neo- f. aci. sts will start flocking to MO and take it over? What kind of society are we living in???).

I've taken to reading media from other countries lately, because I can't stand how stupid an inaccurate the news is here. MO - DONT DO THIS TO US, WE'RE AN INTELLIGENT COMMUNITY, DON'T DUMB DOWN THE NEWS, OR THE HEADLINES TO GET A FEW EXTRA CLICKS. I read all the new news anyway, regardless of the topic.

Thanks,

luvmyvfr
luvmyvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 08:34 AM   #14
mandrake_the_mollusk
Founding Member

Default Re: I'm beginning to H. A. TE the media

Couldn't agree more. I refuse to subscribe to MO until they remove that idiotic software that censors perfectly legitimate words which are certainly not obscenities unless used to convey an obscene thought. Yet it's certainly possible for you, I or anyone else reasonably literate to odiously offend any person or group of persons without using a single one of those "taboo" words, if that's what we intend to do. So the whole idea is just plain dumb.

I can understand them deleting a handful of words that are vulgar and offensive in any possible context, but this censorship based on obsequious conformity to political correctness is an insult to the reader's intelligence.
mandrake_the_mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote