Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Suzuki

Old 04-12-2008, 07:42 PM   #1
gixxer824
Registered Member

Default 04 vs 06 GSXR 750

I could use someones help in determining if I can use my 2004 GSXR factory rims on my 2006 GSXR? I checked and they use the same size tire (120/180) but before I try to exchange rims I thought I would see if anyone had any experience or knowledge on this topic?

Thank you,
Jason
gixxer824 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2008, 11:34 PM   #2
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Parking one next-to the other and some simple comparison with a tape-measure and a well-calibrated eyeball doesn't answer your question?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:35 PM   #3
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

Often a quick check of part numbers on one of the on-line parts dealers will find that some things actually use the same part number. I was gonna look but why should I deprive you of the moment of discovery. See she was wrong, I don't always just think of myself.

Last edited by sfcdjevans : 04-13-2008 at 07:36 PM. Reason: spelling correction.
sfcdjevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:24 PM   #4
bbtowns
Founding Member

If the axle size, brake rotor bolt pattern, and cush drive fit are all the same, there's a darn good chance it will fit. Do a visual check that they haven't changed the location of any of these items, it seems a lot of manufacturers are moving the brake rotor to the same side of the wheel as the sprocket, and using a bowed spoke to fit it in. Also check to be sure the brake caliper mounts the same between the different chassis. The online microfiche sites like bike bandit are good for that sort of research.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:54 PM   #5
stefanenyce808
Registered Member

Hello, I know it is kinda of late, but no it will not fit. I had modified my bike too. I have a 2004-05 GSXR 750 and converted the front end and rims to fit my bike. Why. The 04-05 rotors are to short and will not expand long enough to reach the 06-07 calipers. Therefore, I changed my whole front end to a 06-07 750. As for the rims, by doing this the front rim was able to fit on perfect. The rear rim was another story. The 2004-05 Gsxr 750 rim is wider in the center, yes the tires are the same, but the Hub which the axle bolt goes through is wider. The 2006 rear rim center hub is shorter. Therefore, I made a part that would allow me to put the 2006-07 rim on my bike. With that said, your 2006-07 GSXR will not allow you to put the rim on, because the hub will be to wide for your bike. I must say the ride is much nicer. If you need photo's, email me at Stefanenyce808@gmail.com .. Thanks and I hope this helps.

Last edited by stefanenyce808 : 02-25-2009 at 05:56 PM.
stefanenyce808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #6
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Sorry, late to the party. Your better of changing the triples out and just installing the whole front end, forks and all.