Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Suzuki

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #11
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
1. Drain all fluids from the bike and store in clean containers, including the gas.
Should that be one-each of the fourteen-different fluids per container, or can they be mixed as-necessary?
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2008, 08:47 AM   #12
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Should that be one-each of the fourteen-different fluids per container, or can they be mixed as-necessary?
If he's going to be serving them with chicken or fish, they should remain separate. For beef or lamb, they may be mixed.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:18 AM   #13
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Don't tell him that!!! jeezzz Ken he comes asking for help and you throw that BS at him????

If all the fluids came out of the same bike it's obviously ok to store them in the SAME CONTAINER....

An'a-nuther thing !! what the hells wrong with storing the fluids in a plastic milkjug! Hello!!! Mr. Greenjeans, ever heard of recycling??
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:53 AM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Don't tell him that!!! jeezzz Ken he comes asking for help and you throw that BS at him????

If all the fluids came out of the same bike it's obviously ok to store them in the SAME CONTAINER....

An'a-nuther thing !! what the hells wrong with storing the fluids in a plastic milkjug! Hello!!! Mr. Greenjeans, ever heard of recycling??
Ken has been saving his fluids in plastic milk jugs for years.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:17 PM   #15
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Ken has been saving his fluids in plastic milk jugs for years.
Which is somewhat more harmless than forming them into hard candies amd distributing them to the kids at Halloween...they're going to get you for that one of these days Mr. Zawa.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #16
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Which is somewhat more harmless than forming them into hard candies amd distributing them to the kids at Halloween...they're going to get you for that one of these days Mr. Zawa.


"Ladies and Gentlmen ...A New Low...."

Congradulations Ken, that was a winner.....
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:59 PM   #17
Mayz945
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5
Default

Ok ok ... so I decided not to discard the bike but thanks for caring haha

I think i may have found the problem.
By now you might have realized I dont know squat about motorcycles but im learning.

I was looking into it and found a wire thats not connected to anything... Here are some pictures... can anyone tell me or show me what this wire is supposed to be bolted to? Could this wire be the reason it wont start?

Heres the picture of the wire:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...I4517Small.jpg

And heres a some other ones of the bike... maybe you could point at something for me to bolt it to:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...I4518Small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...I4519Small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...I4520Small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...I4521Small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...I4522Small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...I4523Small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...I4529Small.jpg


Thanks for all your help
Mayz945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:04 PM   #18
sfcdjevans
Registered Member
 
sfcdjevans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 43.47N-76.48W
Posts: 956
Default

If it hasn't been mentioned get the service manual and learn to read schematics. Oh yeah and try here svrider.com
__________________
3425 miles from Reading, UK
Why their heads on a pike of course. If I thought it would do any good.
sfcdjevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:22 PM   #19
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayz945 View Post
Ok ok ... so I decided not to discard the bike but thanks for caring haha

I think i may have found the problem.
By now you might have realized I dont know squat about motorcycles but im learning.

I was looking into it and found a wire thats not connected to anything... Here are some pictures... can anyone tell me or show me what this wire is supposed to be bolted to? Could this wire be the reason it wont start?

Heres the picture of the wire:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...I4517Small.jpg
That's ah, not a wire dude. Hose for either the airbox drain, or part of a charcoal canister that a PO removed.

Have you checked-out the clutch switch or neutral-indicator switch? I had one-each of those go bad previously, resulting in a no-start situation.

Really, you need to get a manual, either paper or one of them pirated-ebay $2 CD-manuals (plus $10 shippin' an fondlin'), or check out one of the SV-enthusiasts website/email lists for help.

It's really, really, REALLY hard to diagnose these things over the 'net - 'specially if you don't know the bike intimately.

Really.
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:17 PM   #20
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator
 
sachiwilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
That's ah, not a wire dude. Hose for either the airbox drain, or part of a charcoal canister that a PO removed.
An, no no no. I disagree. That looks like an idle adjust screw. It should be bolted up under the tank somewhere, I bet.

It's definitely not an airbox or gas drain.
__________________
Frappé LaRue
*Safety Queen*
Are you a Rounder?

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off