Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Suzuki

Old 06-20-2007, 03:08 AM   #1
fumanchu
Founding Member

Default first day of kindergarten > show and tell

alrighty then. first point of business in Hadley's Hope: if this is to be the nexus of MO's suzuki towne, what say we introduce ourselves and post some information about our iron steeds? what pilot you, squire? and why? please, try to keep your posts reality-oriented for those that might be considering a first big bike - or even just a change of wheels.

i suppose i'll start. my name's fumanchu, and i drive the luxurious and highly exclusive 1999 Bandit 600S. a widely sought-after and highly prized motorcycle, the bandit lavishes it's rider with accouterments that don't betray it's prohibitive price tag. among those appurtenances are a revolutionary multi-cylinder engine ingeniously designed to dissipate unwanted heat directly into the surrounding air, front and rear suspension - and not least of all, handle bars to help keep you in control of the massive 39 pound-feet of torque this refined land-rocket produces. as one would expect with a premium-class motorbike, front and rear wheels are standard equipment on all bandits.

entry into the fold of the banditisti isn't without its costs, but being a bandit owner often changes the way the world looks at you.
fumanchu is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
fonzie
Contributing Staff

Thanks for braving the wild beast and living to tell us the tale! Multi-cyclinder you say?
Old 06-20-2007, 01:12 PM   #3
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

I too am brave enough to ride an older Suzuki motorcycle. Mine is the mighty 2000 sv650s. It's far more modern than your silly bandit, mine is... liquid cooled!
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:27 PM   #4
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I also have tamed the beast, not once but twice. First on an '01 Bandit 1200S now on an '02 1200S, in fact, waiting on my doorstep as we speak should be a large box containing a 21 inch Ultra High Performance polished al-u-min-e-um straight through exhaust can from Holeshot Performance in Kali......

Yes, I conjuction with the flat panel K&N air filter and subtle intake mods performed in the dead of night at my secret mountain lair, I shall in one fell swoop unleash another 9 or 10 poneys and an appropriate snarl from El Bandito Grande` as soon as I get through with my labors here...

heh-heh-heh-heh-heh

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:54 AM   #5
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Bandit 600 here

If owning a Boss Hoss means you have more money than sense, owning a Bandit means you have more sense than money.

I've got a 2000 600S, bought new, purchased primarily because it was cheap, good-looking and black. Mods are Holeshot ignition advancer and jet kit, Yoshi carbon-fiber exhaust, and ultra-high-performance Givi saddlebags that make the stuntaz jealous of my stylin'. Just had a set of Pirelli Diablo Stradas spooned on.

Complaints - big as a 750, buzzy as hell, and the queer name (when people ask what kind of bike I have, I say "GSF600S". "Bandit" sounds like a golden retriever.) But she's a looker, even with the Tupperware bags.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:22 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

I owned a '91 GSX1100G (the Mighty G)from '97 to '07. Put 75K on it. It definitely sold me on the rock solid superiority of the air-oil-cooled engine. But faced with the necessity to replace the carbs I recently sold it and bought a used ZRX1100. Well, actually the G was so versatile that I also had to buy an '80 1100 Gold Wing to meet the two up touring requirements that the G was able to meet.

I also had an '82 GS1100L for a year. Good reliable bike but rather boring.

Currently I'm putting together an '80 DR400 that I picked up for $40. Should be on the trail next month.

Of the Big4 manufacturers I'd say that Suzuki currently has more models I'd like to own than the other three put together. (None from Honda). Heck I'd even still like to pick up one of those much maligned TL1000s.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:55 PM   #7
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Suzuki is also my fav. of the Japaese bikes. Bike magazine did a super secret tour of the Hamamatsu plant in the last issue, that was pretty revealing. The bikes are basically hand built, all engines are blue printed and balanced and the bikes themselves hand painted and assembled. Pretty cool I thought.

I got the Holeshot can on last night and it sounds pretty sweet. I spared my neighbors and got the 21in. with the street core, I had the 17 inch competition core on my last Bandit and it sounded good but a little loud for me leaving at 0500 for work. The bike runs crisp and clean all the way through the range so I'm probably OK on the jetting. I might get the bike Dyno tuned this winter just to be sure but it seems pretty close now.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:37 PM   #8
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Heck I'd even still like to pick up one of those much maligned TL1000s."

Check my avatar! I have a line on a 97 TL with 13G on the clock. I'm trying to get it down to 3G's. If he goes there, I will have my old green meanie back!
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:24 PM   #9
giuliom
Registered Member

I know the thrill of being a banditista. I own the GP-derived 1200S, the closest thing on the road to the beasts of Hopkins and Vermeulen. It even has *adjustable pre-load* on the front suspensions!!! What will they think of next?
giuliom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:17 PM   #10
aspd
Registered Member

Cool Banditistas? Bandistas? Banditos?

aspd here. Me too: mine's the technologically nonpareil, bone stock '03 1200S. And me too: Suzuki is currently making more stuff I'd like to own than the other Big Three put together. But why did they have to wait so long to produce the Bandit I've actually always wanted, with liquid cooling, fuel injection, six speed gearbox, and ABS? Now that I can't buy a new bike, there's the one I'd take in a shot.

Oh well -- El Bandito viejo is still a great bike, and I do love the result when I whack the throttle open going across Southpark in midsummer (all you other Colorado residents know what I mean).
aspd is offline   Reply With Quote