Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Suzuki

Old 01-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #11
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Yes, just like that. Wow where do you live? Must be nice.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2010, 04:27 PM   #12
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Im in central Va nothing gets stolen but everyone gets killed. Va Tech 35 miles away, Appomattox where that guy shot & killed 8 (and shot at a state police helicopter, causing it to land immediately) this week is an hour away, and that Amber Alert that turned into a murdered child cover up attempt this week also is right here in town. So your bike is fine here, just wear kevlar. I honestly NEVER took my key out of my old bike (it was down on the side) the whole 15 years I had it. Was more concerned of losing the key then having the bike stolen.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:52 PM   #13
MOKE1K
Registered Member

That's funny you mentioned Key, I saftey wire mine to the triple clamp but remove it with a vallet key holder. Had a cop pull mine out accusing me of running while I was stopped at a light once. Went to jail and everything. Did I mentioned I was stopped at a light?
Old 01-22-2010, 10:11 PM   #14
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Thats nuts, abuse of authority, just because were scooter trash dont mean we need to be in jail.

I had a (young) state trooper stop me 1 late summer night, or early morning, said he "noticed" I had a burgandy bandana tied to the fork tube, and questioned why. I told him it's hot during the day and I occasionally use it for sweat, hanging there it dries quickly and it was burgandy cause the bike was. He asked if I was affiliated with any gangs, etc. No more then I know about gangs they usually would travel in groups, and wear logos, etc identifying themselves and arent allowed to deny their affiliation, and I'm wasnt aware of any gang that uses brugandy bandanas as their sole representation, regardless of the fact that I wasnt violating laws, etc, he said he wold "let" me go.

I hate that "let" you go. One side of my brain wants to say "thanks officer" the other wants to ask what exactly he was letting go, because he obviously had a hard on for trouble and if found any would be doing paperwork by now.

There's my rant for tonight, gotta crash club rides tomorrow.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:53 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Star Ride View Post
Thats nuts, abuse of authority, just because were scooter trash dont mean we need to be in jail.

I had a (young) state trooper stop me 1 late summer night, or early morning, said he "noticed" I had a burgandy bandana tied to the fork tube, and questioned why. I told him it's hot during the day and I occasionally use it for sweat, hanging there it dries quickly and it was burgandy cause the bike was. He asked if I was affiliated with any gangs, etc. No more then I know about gangs they usually would travel in groups, and wear logos, etc identifying themselves and arent allowed to deny their affiliation, and I'm wasnt aware of any gang that uses brugandy bandanas as their sole representation, regardless of the fact that I wasnt violating laws, etc, he said he wold "let" me go.

I hate that "let" you go. One side of my brain wants to say "thanks officer" the other wants to ask what exactly he was letting go, because he obviously had a hard on for trouble and if found any would be doing paperwork by now.

There's my rant for tonight, gotta crash club rides tomorrow.
There are as many attitudes as there are cops. Lots of cops out here ride bikes, especially Harleys and I've had a lot less harassment than when I lived in LA. Of course the LAPD are world class shytheads in all departments.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:41 PM   #16
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

The cops seem to be a lot more forgiving these days, of course being a plump gray bearded guy in Hi Viz 'stitch riding a filthy bagger may have something to do with it. When I was a skinny young greasy long haired guy on a chopper they seemed to take a particular interest in me, what was in my pockets, what was in my wife's purse, whether my numbers matched, where I'd been, where I was going etc. Just concerned with my safety I guess.

I wouldn't worry too much about theft on an M50, I mean really...........

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:17 PM   #17
A Star Ride
Registered Member

I've had my fair share of good run ins with the po po too. Stopped 1 night last summer for no tailights and the officer followed me home rather then making me park it & carry a ticket home.
Years back I got stopped out of date plates, state inspection and county sticker, he called to verify taxes were paid & told me to get my registration caught up & inspection, but no ticket.
Those officers did "let" me go.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:24 AM   #18
MOKE1K
Registered Member

There's always going to be good ones and bad one's(5-0) I suspect it all has to do with what your perseption is like towards the boy's in blue. Personally I'v experienced both types but all in all I'd say it's been positive. As with Sarnail2 the older I get the cooler they seem towards me.

Recently when I was caught busting a small power wheelie 5min from the house. I pulled over so quick he went right by me. After he backed up and got back behind me I casually removed my helmet and key as I put the helmet down -facing him so he's looking right at me- I then removed my key and dropped it to the ground.

After a little dicipline discussion about wheelie's he let's me go and thanks me for stopping. He proceeded to tell me how much he hates when the sportbikes run from him and most times he's was just going to warn them.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 01-24-2010 at 08:28 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote