Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Suzuki

Old 11-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #1
cyberbiker6
Registered Member

Thumbs up Longer and Safer Mirrors for the Boulevard S83

Those of you who own S83s have had to deal with Suzuki's mirrors that are so short stemmed, they can't see behind you. I found a an excellent solution: the Emgo 20-21705 long stem chrome mirrors.
Amazon.com: EMGO MIRROR DIE CAST LONG STEM 20-21705: Automotive ~$23.00.

However, the mirrors have an 8mm male threaded end so you need the Emgo 20-28111 10mm male to 8mm female adapter to fit them into the 10mm female socket on the S83.
Amazon.com: EMGO MIRROR ADAPTER 10-8MM CHR 20-28111: Automotive $2.34 (need two).

Everyone should get these as they finally permit you to actually see behind you.

You will need a metal adhesive with the EMCO mirrors, but they work like a charm once applied. I first screwed the Emgo long stem mirrors into the Emgo 10mm male to 8mm female adapters without a metal adhesive, but they began to slip with the force of high speeds. At a True Value store in Tropic, UT I picked up a small bottle of Permatex Threadlocker (PX24206) for $4.32 and let it set overnight. They haven't budged since.

The next morning I played with permutations of flat, lock and spring 10mm washers between the handlebar mirror mount and the Emgo 10mm to 8mm adapters to get the mirrors positioned perfectly. Took about 25 minutes. On the left I ended up with one flat and one lock washer. On the right I have a flat, a lock, and a spring washer.

I have felt a lot safer being able to easily see behind me with the long stem mirrors than I did when I was using the short Suzuki mirrors.

Last edited by cyberbiker6 : 11-10-2009 at 11:30 AM.
cyberbiker6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement