Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Suzuki

Old 07-30-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
GeeWillikers
Registered Member

Default HELP! Suzuki Turn Signal Connector Disconnect...

I'm installing a windshield on a C50SE, and I have to remove the turn signals to put the bracket on. I have everything taken apart - no issues, but I can't figure out how these little buggers come apart.

Anyone work with these before?

GeeWillikers is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2009, 07:59 AM   #2
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

On one side of the plug you should beable to see the locking plastic mechanisum. Depress the part of the plug that has a hook attached, then pull apart. If its being difficult try depressing it and push the plugs together then pull apart. The hook side must slide under and free of its lock.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:52 PM   #3
GeeWillikers
Registered Member

If you look at the right side of the connector, there is a little plastic "bridge" that rises up.

I took a tiny allen wrench and inserted it through the bridge opening on the right side, and then just kept pushing. When I met resisitance, I pushed just a wee bit harder and the connector let the allen wrench slide in another 1/8th inch or so, and the connector opened just as easily as could be,

Went right back together as well - clicked together with a nice snap, and it's as solid as we found it.

What a PITA. LOL.. Glad I didn't cut it - when we add the light bar, I'll bet these wire into the new light bar wiring harness.

Got the windshield, engine guards, saddle bags, and backrest all on - she looks really nice.
GeeWillikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:22 AM   #4
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

See not so hard huh? Good deal!
Old 08-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #5
big bwoi
Registered Member

When I am riding my bike turns off. I think it is the kill switch on the kickstand. Can that be pulled off and the bike still start? Hit me up at russell_llc@yahoo.com
big bwoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bwoi View Post
When I am riding my bike turns off. I think it is the kill switch on the kickstand. Can that be pulled off and the bike still start? Hit me up at russell_llc@yahoo.com
There are only two possibilities for that switch. Try unplugging the wires. If the bike starts up your cool. If not try twisting the wires together. One of those ways should work.

The switch is either normally open or normally closed. If those methods give you no joy then you'll need a wiring diagram to figure out how to bypass the switch.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote