Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 10-30-2001, 10:23 AM   #71
Lateshow321
Founding Member

Default I LOVE the Hayabusa motor!!!!

I'll buy one even if they just plop in a stock motor.....

Yamaha must be so Fuc*$^& mad right now, after all the world has been waiting for a MUCH needed replacement to the crusty old VMax...and Now Suzuki steals the show with a bike we could easily see next year. HaHaHaHaHa

I'l also buy an ST bike ( with the Huge emphasis on SPORT!!!!)

from Suzuki with the Hayabusa motor, just add an Auto oiler system and keep the chain.

Where is the SV 1000 Suzuki??? Cagiva builds two naked hooligan bikes off of your TL1000 motor...don't you think that numerous SV loyals would jump at the chance to upgrade to the full litre motor??? BUILD IT!!!!

The V Strom??? Stupid name, rediculous bodywork, assinine pipe placement ( where do we put our travel bags??)

and because it won't sell, they'll assume that we don't want that kind of bike here in the U.S. On the Contrary!!!! We just don't want a hermaphrodite of a design!!!!

Am I the only one who can't believe that with all the models available from Japan's big Four, that there are a bunch of cool bikes that COULD be built but for one reason or another are NOT????????

What do they need to get the CLUE??????????

We don't need Naked bikes with one shrunken testicle.

We don't need STs that weigh 700 lbs and have no nuts.

WE need more holligan bikes that have riding positions of a dirt track racers (those guys are awesome)

I could go on and on but do any of you feel like we could make exciting bikes from existing components????

JMHO of course...
Lateshow321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2001, 10:34 AM   #72
Lateshow321
Founding Member

Default Check out the photos from every angle

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/27oct...boostking.html

The shape of the pipes as they terminate are laughable and must be replaced.

The rest of the bike is a Slam Dunk

If they build it I will buy one
Old 11-02-2001, 04:52 PM   #73
Lateshow321
Founding Member

Default Hot motor in a "Standard" chasis

I hope they build it...or anything like it. How is it that there is very little understanding of what makes a great standard.

Suzuki seems to get it when you consider the SV650 but then is lacking when you consider how easy it would be for them to release the SV1000 everyone is clammering for. and they give us the V-Strom YUK

I thought Yamaha got it when they released the FZ-1 until I saw the fairing. If I wanted an R1 looking fairing I'ld have bought an R1. Then they're testing the Bulldog in Eurpoe which has cancer on the one testie they left it with.

Honda gave us the CB1000, what a PIG ( I know I used to have one and so I can say what I want about them). Now they give us hashed over Eurpoen styling with pipes right where I'd put my soft bags, a 919 motor when the 929 was RIGHT THERE ON THE SHELF!!!! So close but missing the mark...completely.

The Kwaker ZRX 1200 is spot-on for a "retro standard" no complaints there.

Even Triumph "gets it" with their Speed Triple. They didn't cut down the 955 motor when slamming it in the standard chasis. Tom Cruise wishes he was cool enough to ride like that!!!!

Now finally we get the boost King. Yamaha must be pulling their hair out. Suzuki of all of them, has trumpted their crusty ole V-Max. Ouch!!!! that had to hurt!!! Now maybe there will be two bikes in that category and I for one would love to have a Power-Street-Fighter powered by the Mighty Busa Motor even without the S/Charger!!!!!

How about a similar styled naked (370 lb.) street fighter, powered by the GSX R1000 motor or the TL 1000 motor???

How many Bandit 600s would they sell if they looked like the Boost King??? instead of the positively BORING styling of the current rendition.

I for one say "Bring It On"!!!!!!! we are ready for exciting bikes with cutting edge styling...Its bad enough that we have to live with mediocre styling in our cars ( I can't afford the Ferrari 360 Spyder)...when it comes to our Bikes give us somethingGreat!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2001, 05:00 PM   #74
Lateshow321
Founding Member

Default If Suzuki chages the name and builds it, etc.

You'll need a new Name too!! happy trails!!!!
Old 11-09-2001, 12:31 PM   #75
max-9
Founding Member

Default Re: Boost King, Eat My Dust

boost king .... wow the picture just gave me an erection . if its as good as it looks, my v-max may get a new friend in my garage . suzuki please make this bike .
max-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 09:24 PM   #76
madmack69
Founding Member

Default Re: But will it make me more a man?

I have a super charged hayabusa now and its a bike, Im building a rocket bike. 100 mile an hour wheelies! BORING!
madmack69 is offline   Reply With Quote