Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 10-26-2001, 04:26 PM   #61
BigGit
Founding Member

Default Re: Boost King, Eat My Dust

Funny, I thought the Hey!Abuser! had a 1300cc four...
BigGit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-27-2001, 01:59 AM   #62
jackbird
Founding Member

Default Carry Over Info Aerodynamic

Interface between air disturbance caused by a vehicle in motion and the ground causes most of the end-over-end tumbles or wild course variations seen pursuing speed records over about 300 mph.

Managing disturbed air is what's so different about this design. What was once a problem becomes a solution bringing other significant benefits.

Team Hammerhead needs a sponsor. I'll be glad to discuss this at length with anyone who'd like a place in history for not much money.

http://www.jackromanski@home.com
jackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 02:12 AM   #63
jackbird
Founding Member

Default Further details available to potential sponsors

If I did I'd be giving away my too-good idea. Inventors mostly get reamed. Consider Festo v. Shoketsu Kinzoku Kogyo Kabashiki, a very recent Supreme Court decision that makes infringing on patents much easier.

Team Hammerhead needs a sponsor. If anyone wants a place in history for about the price of a car (okay, an S model Benz) please contact me.

http://www.jackromanski@home.com
Old 10-27-2001, 11:48 AM   #64
vmxxx
Founding Member

Default Re: Yeah yeah, sure sure

AMEN.....think the guys at YAMAHA are looking over thier shoulders? I hope so...there are rumors circulating in the Vmax world about a completely redesigned VMAX to replace the existing one. This may be a tough act to follow seeing how succesfull its run has been. Diffiucult but not impossible. I hope the Warrior wasn't intended for this purpose. I like the new concept bikes and think it's about time for another VMAX type bike for the new century.
vmxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 01:48 AM   #65
jackbird
Founding Member

Default BMW ABS makes farting noises

They provide a sonic counterpoint to those nice curves.

Pilot's license! Good idea cause I already have an airline transport rating. I expected our government to require me to qualify on the pistol range after 9/11 but the way things are going I can see being required to maintain motorcycle currency too.
Old 10-28-2001, 11:27 AM   #66
CarsSuck
Founding Member

He's talking about the 1 litre two stroke triple from the snowmobile
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 06:42 AM   #67
das
Founding Member

Default Re: Carry Over Info Aerodynamic

I wish you the best of luck finding a sponsor and giving your idea a shot.

Unfortunately, I'm just a normal working guy who can't afford a Benz car, much less to invest $100k on a speed record.

If you get a chance to try your idea, let the rest of the world know how it works out... hobbiest-accessible information about the field of aerodynamics is too rare today.

If you want a chance to demo your idea for <$100K, you might consider building a rocket-powered model of the bike. There's already a whole hobby out there devoted to rocket cars (http://www.mcneely.net/nrca). I'm not sure if anyone has yet achieved speeds over 300mph with them, but regular model rockets can easily break Mach 1.

das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 09:02 AM   #68
jackbird
Founding Member

Default It would be evident at first glance

Thank you for your kind words. The aerodynamics for wheel driven motorcycles differ from rocket propelled ones, but the same problems with stability and control can be solved the same way.

I am seriously considering rocket power although I would like to go after the wheel driven motorcycle record first, as it's so low now.
Old 10-29-2001, 11:40 AM   #69
Lateshow321
Founding Member

Default You are on spot Nick...most who ride a Busa will tell you

The Hayabusa doesn't need a turbo or a S/Cer..The stock motor with a pipe and PowerCommander are more than sufficiant for 95%+ of power mongers on big bikes.

This street monster could come to us in "stock motor" form quite easily...The better idea would be to build the bike around the the GSXR1000 motor with a curb weight under 400 lbs. Please don't "retune" it for torque...(rember the CB1000) just give us the stock motor.

It would be great if the Hayabusa motor ended up in a "Sports" tourer with a HUGE emphasis on "Sport"!!!!!!!! This bike would laugh at the ST1300, FJR1300, VFR800, BMW RS and that new Kwacker!!!!
Lateshow321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 02:16 PM   #70
vmxxx
Founding Member

Suzuki posted a site with a few views of this awesome creation....see them at http://www1.suzuki.co.jp/motor/tokyo2001/bking-f.html

this bike is super cool

vmxxx is offline   Reply With Quote